Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Supreme Court justices debate the legality of the District of Columbia's ban on handguns in coming weeks, their file will include a legal brief from Vice President Dick Cheney, Arizona Sen. John McCain and 54 other senators asking that the law be overturned.
But they won't find anything from Democratic Sens. Hillary Clinton of New York or Barack Obama of Illinois. They didn't sign the rival brief from other members of Congress who back the tough handgun restrictions.

More...

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Because they know there's a lot of votes they can win and lose with what they may say.

Also, they don't want to tip their hand at how they're going to screw gun owners if either get in office. JMHO...

·
Registered
419 Posts
"Who cares, they don't count and never will."

The one elected will count.
Well, they both may be elected. But hitlery gets top billing.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Playing both sides of the fence and hoping . . .

to get by with it. Hillary is a power hungry control freak who is against our freedoms as gun owners. Obama has the greatest liberal voting record in the Senate for the time he has been there.

By saying nothing they hope the liberals will be satisfied with their prior histories and the conservatives/moderates will not think to make it an issue.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
You fellows have figured it out accurately. They both know the gun lobby is watching/listening carefully and will become proactive at their first mention of any type of gun restrictions, etc.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
... because the Democratic party probably told them that was a talking point to avoid at all costs knowing that if their true feelings on gun control were to be made public, they'd begin to see a lot of voters change their votes and party.

As it stands, the Democratic Presidential hopeful in-fighting is creating some serious problems that even the DNC chairman (screaming Dean) is stepping in to settle the ongoing dispute between Obama and Clinton. Clinton... being the power hungry bi*ch she is... will not concede and is only going to cause more and more damage to the Democratic Party than anything since Gore.

Not that it bothers me any... I'm voting McCain. He is the lesser of all evils when it comes to preserving the 2nd Amendment. If Clinton and Obama had their way... we'd lose it entirely.

·
Registered
419 Posts
With Clinton or Obama the grandchildren probably won't own guns.
With McCain the great grandchildren probably won't own guns.
Evil is evil.
McCain will just bite slower on 2A.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
I think Ron Paul has, but he's a no-hoper. Best we can hope for is McCain to pick him as the veep nominee and not that idiot Romney.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Good God (yes, I said it for the politically correct crowd) ... one would think that the personal beliefs on Constitutional issues should be required before any admittance into political offices. This also should apply to all Amendments to the Constitution.

Frankly, if any candidate takes the oath of office to defend the Constitution of the United States... just like us Veterans... they need to follow through or they are fired.

... sounds to me like disobeying a lawful order. If we were to do so we'd be fired... how are they really any different? Are they really above us all?

... maybe we should start looking into "confidence votes" that the Europeans have to keep their politicians in check... ? This need be voted in by the people, not the politicians. God knows they wouldn't do that themselves...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Larry,
Do I ever agree with you on the "confidence votes". We would change about every 6-8 months.
"... sounds to me like disobeying a lawful order. If we were to do so we'd be fired... "
In time of war, even as far as being shot for it.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Everyone, especially politicians, should be given a "PA", or performance appraisal once a year. You don't meet expectation?? YOUR FIRED.. How much simpler can you get???? No second chances, no plea-bargaining, no getting up in front of the cameras and crying how bad you feel, and it won't happen again.. BS, YOU'RE FIRED..The king is dead, long live the king.And while we're at it, ty in their salaries as to how well they're helping us.You want to donate $10 million dollars to a group that wants to eliminate the "pledge of Allegiance?" Guess what, YOU'RE FIRED.This is really getting simple.!!LOL You don't want to stop the invasion from the southern border, YOU'RE FIRED!! You want to eliminate or modify the 2nd Amendment? YOU'RE FIRED!!:hitwithrock:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not that it bothers me any... I'm voting McCain. He is the lesser of all evils when it comes to preserving the 2nd Amendment. If Clinton and Obama had their way... we'd lose it entirely.
Yep thats was my thinking. Now I am not so sure. I think we are in a pickle for the next few years. I am starting to believe that McCain isnt mentally stable. His positions as of late has left him standing lock step with some of the worst liberal senators. He flip flops. He has alienated his peers to the point where they will not back him up, which will create a terrible situation for the republican party. He has supported some very anti gun legislation and now is trying to woo the 2nd amendment voter back with his pro gun talk. He is a loose cannon and there is no way of knowing which direction he will be pointing when he fires. Obama is so far in left field its ridiculous. With Hillary we at least know what we would get, the other 2 not so much. Seems kind of hopeless because I would suspect all three will rubber stamp the worst legislation the democrats can assemble. I am not confident about the type of Justice he would select either. I am starting to think the best long term thing to do is just let Hitlery have it and work on getting a real candidate for the next round.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
... seems to be a following on the "confidence vote" ... wondering how we can get this into law?

Anyone?

soonerborn, I'm not sure I could stomach another Clinton... the first one was bad enough. Just ask the Rangers and Delta guys who didn't make it back from Somalia due to Clinton's refusal to provide AC130 Gunship support...

Hillary will be much worse.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts