close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why in heck do the threads keep jumping around in order here?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Mar 21, 2002.

1. You log on and the threads are in one particular order (chronological I take it) and then back out after posting a message and the message is further down than when it was and older ones are on top?

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

I am seeing just the reverse newer ones on the top and older one's on the bottom

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I don't see anything. Are you sure?

4. Maybe I am....'member, I'm an old man here, he he he he.....

Seriously, I found that if I go all the way out of the forum....click the link, then everything is aligned......no big deal......all the 'friends' are still here none the less.

5. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

That's why I posted the pictures of the old Jeep backwards...I meant to post the tan one, and then after that, when it was repainted red to be next, but they went the other way...Oil Well,
    How do you post two pictures on the same thread? I guess we'll get used to this.

6. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Dale, send me some of that peyote yer doin'.

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Dale speaks the truth. I was wondering about the order myself. New threads just seem to be inserted randomly and the order keeps changing. There does not seem to be much of a pattern to it. I do not know if the operating system or browser matter, but I am running WinXP and IE6.

8. JerryM

JerryM G&G Newbie

Jumping on my screen to.

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

They jump because a new reply or a new thread is started. You do this so you do not have to scroll down the screen all the time.

The only way to add more than one picture, is to have the pictures uploaded somewhere and us the code that is with the board software "[ I M G ]"http://www.where it is hosted at .com" [ / I M G]

take the spaces out when doing it so it will work properly

Last edited: Mar 22, 2002
  10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The thing is, the threads are inserted RANDOMLY, like I explained. The new threads are not placed at the top, like the should be.

11. Chris

When a new thread(thread 1) is started by one person they are put on a stack of new posts, then if someone and replies to another thread (thread 2). Thread 2 is on top of Thread 1, for the simple fact that thread 2 was the most recent to have any activity.

Hope this explains a little more

12. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

Is there any way we can override that and keep the threads in the order that they were submitted? -UR.

13. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I dunno,kinda like some menus you get trying to get help or find something,I'm generalizing,and you get passed around until you hear some clicking and you know you are going to be disconnected and will either have to start over or give up.If you start over and finally hit a person you are so PO'ed that you have forgotten why you made tha call in the first place and are anything but reasonable and the person goes home at the end of the day wondering why peoplr are so darn grouchy and thinking,"I hate my job," and so becomes abusive to callers and completes the vicious circle which was started by someone that bought the menu after being coerced into it by some con artist that promised it would make the program "better."
    I think it is a sign of the times and a contributing factor to all the various rages we hear about on the news.
    **** stupid idea if you ask me!
    Should have some one answer in the first place and all this grief could be avoided,my wife retired from GTE and it is the truth,we know!!!!!:mad:

14. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Rave,we must call the same places,I hate getting in that circle,THEN,they out you on "hold".

15. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Put,not out,****.

16. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hey gang,maybe it.s just me,but things seem to be getting better on the formats!
    I guess the folks that run it ARE really working on it!
    Sure wish it was like that all over!
    Lets hear it for the forums!

17. wes

wes G&G Newbie

...................... (sound of one hand clapping)

18. Chris

Rave,

its the thought that counts, and it means alot!

And Wes Clapping with one hand means a lot as well ;)