Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stevens Model 311 SxS Series H 20ga. C330XXX
3" Chambers, looks choked full & Mod. Albeit I don't see it marked on the gun anywhere. Funny thing is, I wouldn't have thought of buying it myself, so I don't know a lot about it.
It would be fun if any in the know would share what you do know about it. I hope to shoot it this weekend.
Another funny thing, Never thought much of owning a Stevens, come across two in as many months including the Model 200 in 223.
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I can tell you they were discontinued in 1989...Available in 12,16,20, or .410
In 1990 Savage arms discontinued the manufacture of all firearms bearing the Stevens Trademark. They all now bear the "Savage" trademark only !
Rich

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Your wife is one swell person.:nod: Bet you gave her a big hug for that gift.:nod:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
but then I probably deserved it dam army daughter I call her sarge dam shes mean, worse than any DI I ever had, army through and through, thats why I love her so much

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
know what ya mean 7mm
My wife was in Army + an AF Brat.
She hauled the 17 year old to the deans office at school yesterday, let me just say I'm glad it wasn't me:eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sweet. You have a cool wife. Now, how can I get my husband out of the jewelry store and into the gun store for his gifting purposes? Guys? Any help out there?

jen

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mentioned a gun in casual conversation that I had seen at the gun store. We were out doing erands, she says, "hey take me by the gun store and show me that gun you were talking about" I was hesitant. Mostly because If she knew I really wanted it, she'd help me along to get it. Anyway, I showed her the 12ga Stevens 311, said I'd like on but could wait. I'm looking around and spy her at the counter handing over a layaway slip. By this time I'm thinking something is up. (yes I know, very observant) The gal a the gun store brought out the 20ga Stevens. I was very happy and impressed. Think I even got goosebumps :) The gal at the gun store remembered me looking over (AKA drooling) over the general area of guns. Wife picked a different on than what I was drooling over but it worked out well.

I shot it today. Checked point of impact, dead on both barrels. Threw myself a few clays, busted 'em no problem:right: The rest of the box I burned on imaginary rabbits (half broken clays on the ground) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts