Gun and Game Forum banner

Wild Boar Hog I Killed with Benjamin Prowler .22 Caliber Pellet Air Rifle

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS 
#1 ·
I was sitting in my Ground Blind with my Benjamin Prowler .22 Caliber Air Rifle Yesterday Morning about 8:50 AM 40 yards from the Feeder and a group of Hogs came out of the woods 30 yards from me and a Large truck past by on the roadway 150 Yards away and the pigs turned and went back into the woods but after the truck past by they turned to come back to the feeder and this one came with in 30 yards of me and I took aim just behind it's ear and fired dropped this 75 Pound Wild Boar Hog in its tracks it kicked its hind legs for a while then expired. I then Loaded it up and taken to be processed into Links, Ribs , Pork chops , Butts , Hams.

To date I have killed 375 Hogs on this Property Since August 2020 no sooner than I kill off one Sounder another Sounder Moves in . There is thousands of acres of pine forest being harvested in the area putting the Hogs on the move .This is a Mixed breed Domestic Pig & Russian Boar .I have taken some 300 & 400 Pound Hogs with a .22LR Ruger 10 /22 Rifle. The Largest Hog I've killed to date was a 585 Pound Sow Domestic Breed Feral Hog .

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes they Breed like Rats one Pig Sow can have as many as 20 baby pigs a year . I am killing them off but as soon as one sounder is gone another sounder moves in due to the the Thousands of acres of Pine Tree Plantations in this area are being harvested . The property has become a Wild Life Refuge but the owners want the Hog & Coyotes wiped out I have noticed a big increase of the Deer ,Bob White Quail & Turkey Populations. Two years went by after my first contract without a Coyote of Hog sighting . Since August 2020 I have killed over 300 Hogs & 44 Coyotes & 4 Bob Cats 15 foxes . A bob cat or Fox has not been spotted since November .

Reactions: blaster and jwrauch
#8 ·
I have taken 300 & 400 Pound Russian Boar with a .22 LR 10/22 its not the caliber or weight of the round its all about distance & where you place the shot This Boar was killed with a .22 caliber Pellet Rifle with a 14 grain pellet and Pig Man Brian Quaca killed a hog with a 177 caliber pellet rifle with an 8 grain Pellet at 30 yards see it on youtube.

Reactions: mauser9
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.