Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought Henry Lone Ranger 223? No mags available anywhere. Henry says only making them for new guns.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Did you tell them that your rifle is new and that you want some spare magazine's ?
I'm guessing that it is a dedicated magazine and will not accept another magazine like a ar mag ?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I think it is like the Henry website says, that they are out of stock at this time. Manufacturing in the US is still running behind but will eventually catch up, which is why what stock they have on hand they are using for new .223's. Hard to sell a new rifle with any magazine. Lucky they had the .308 Long Ranger mags in stock. Just bought a couple recently.
The only way you may be able to find some is used on a place like ebay. When they are back in stock I would buy from Henry. Outlets they do carry them, and they are few, will add anywhere from 25%-100% markup on them, making Henry the best price I have seen at any time.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I don't doubt that being in the NE Left Coast area and typical C-19 decrees it helps production any.

·
Premium Member
24,572 Posts
Just bought Henry Lone Ranger 223? No mags available anywhere. Henry says only making them for new guns.
Just sign up for the back in stock email notification on the Henry website for that magazine. That way you'll be one of the 1st to know when spares are available.
I recently ran into that same issue with a RIA double stack 10mm pistol I bought for Christmas. The manufacturer and hundreds of other online sources were sold out. I signed up on the manufacturers website for an email alert as well as dozens of the other online sources. The manufacturer finally got several hundred in and began filling orders. I quickly snatched up 2 when I was notified by them that they were back in stock. A couple weeks later they were sold out again and it appears that none of those other other online websites I signed up for email alerts from ever managed to get any stock of that magazine.

Also we have an introduction forum so you might swing by there and tell us a wee bit about yourself. Here's a link for the intro forum...

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Did you tell them that your rifle is new and that you want some spare magazine's ?
I'm guessing that it is a dedicated magazine and will not accept another magazine like a ar mag ?

I think what they mean is they are only "making them for new rifles" as in only supplying the mags with a new rifle purchase, the mag that comes with it, but not selling spare mags in addition to that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve been looking for the 223. The dealer said Henry is only filling current orders and won’t be taking new orders until the summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts