Will it work ??????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by sadiehn, Mar 23, 2002.

1. sadiehn

sadiehn G&G Newbie

Ok a couple of weeks after easter I am going north to our cabin to try to hurt the coyote population.Here is my plan put a boom box with a calling tape about 300 yards from the woods where I would like to see them come from it will be in fairly open feild (in soil bank 2 years) I will set up a stand 4 foot high camo canvis to shoot from off a bench. this will be located about 300 yards in a 90% from the dirrection of the feild edge KINDA of a big T I will sit about half way between the feild eage and boom box 300 yards off the line.

Do you think it will work or got anny suggestions?

2. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

The problem is that coyote hunting is an activity that requires one to move around alot to find the yotes. Your setup might work and then again it might not, depending on the locatin of them critters at the particular time you are hunting. I usualy make a series of calls and wait 15 min before calling again. If no response from the second series of calls I move to another spot and repeat the same thing.

3. sadiehn

sadiehn G&G Newbie

well I am going to be limited on my movement.This is what I do know the area that I am going to try to call them out of is thick pines if you go in and walk threw the trees it like walking in a kennal that has not been cleaned for months

4. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

Well give it a try and maybe you can bust a couple of them!

5. sadiehn

sadiehn G&G Newbie

hope to bought a savage 112 fvss 25-06 last fall for this should as it sits and loads I have worked up be good out past 400.What I am curious about is the calling tapes in a boom box.Do the tapes work anny good as I am not good with mouth calles