Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will wolf ammo thats laqurd <---- spelled wrong . hurt my 223 dpms ar 15???

please help i bought 500 rounds ahhhhhh:no1:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
the laquered ammo will make a gummed up mess, but will not physically harm the rifle. the newer polymer coated stuff is what you want.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Clean your rifle after each trip to the range and you'll be fine. I'd also say after every 500 rounds or so take your bolt apart and clean it up.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I don't shoot Wolf out of my DPMS, but with the price of .223/5.56 I may start. Just clean the crap out of it after shooting that stuff and all should be well.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dpms says it will void the warrenty , have any of you had feeding problems with wolf? i havent shot mine yet .

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That is why I haven't shot it yet, the voiding the warranty. I have a friend with a DPMS 20'' upper and he has shot a lot of Wolf through it just fine. If I were you, I'd look into some SS109, XM193 or M855 and hoard as much as you can.
The AMMOMAN.COM ONLINE WEBSTORE

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
At the prices .223 is at, buying a few 1000 rounds of Wolf will save you enough money to buy a second AR. These guns will take a beating, and Wolf wont hurt them. DPMS is one of the few that I've heard say Wolf will void the warranty. Again that just makes me dislike DPMS even more.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Pred, you're fired! :moon: :smashfreakB: :hitwithrock: :chairshot:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I shoot it all the time through both my AR's and never had a prob. I'm picky about keeping them clean so I'll swab and clean bolt and chamber after a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well i think i got the polmer kind soo i think ill be allright. the voided warrenty is the only thing i worry about. do you think if i cleaned it real well , they would even know it had shot wolf???

im not sure if dpms voids the warrenty on the wolf polmer ammo . it looks like on there website its the laqured their talking about not sure though.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
All should be well, I am going to give it a shot. I am going to get a few boxes of the SS109 they have and see how it does.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone know what grain is best for the a4 16 IN 1/9 TWIST??

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thankls usmc i orderd 55 grain. usmc what do you think about wolf ammo?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think as long as you only use it for plinking and clean your gun after every outing that it's fine (Don't use it for self defense). As long as you understand that it may or may not cause some parts to wear or break and that it will void the warranty with a few manufacturers.

I doubt that only 500 rounds is going to cause you any problems. I will admit that normally I try and stay away from it but I do on occasion shot it and have some stored for an emergency.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts