Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am new to tthe fourm and i was wondering if anybody has in input or useful info that would help me with my winchester model 140 12 gauge i need to put a new cocking handle on it and i cant get the bolt out of the reciver to put the new handle on if any one has a breakdown or info it would help i called winchester for a manual and they said they dont produce thease manuals anymore of corse
thanks for you time

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys i am new to tthe fourm and i was wondering if anybody has in input or useful info that would help me with my winchester model 140 12 gauge i need to put a new cocking handle on it and i cant get the bolt out of the reciver to put the new handle on if any one has a breakdown or info it would help i called winchester for a manual and they said they dont produce thease manuals anymore of corse
thanks for you time
take out the trigger group by removing the pin and dropping it out then the bottom of the bolt will be exposed there are two small screws on it remove them then the bottom plate will come off after that the rest comes apart be careful with screws sometimes there is locktite on them if they give you trouble try a little heat it doesnt take much and when reasemble i would use a dab of locktite on the two screws hope this helps i have been there myself

1 - 2 of 2 Posts