close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester 94 Trapper 30-30

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by Dan22, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

I had my Winchester Trapper at the barn the other day and decided to take a picture.

It's a top-eject version made around 1980, before Winchester became US Repeating Arms and went to angle eject. 94-10.JPG

Attached Files:

• 94-3.JPG
      94-3.JPG
      File size:
      129.2 KB
      Views:
    Oxford, BaserRonin, jerry and 2 others like this.
  2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Mighty nice lookin' rifle there Dan! What's not to love about those lever guns?!

3. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

*drool*

That baby is gorgeous! I want a Winchester like that to go with my Marlin .30-30. Lever guns are awesome

4. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

Every time I go into a gun store that has used guns, I start out looking for a nice bolt-action and then some unseen force grabs my head and points me towards the lever actions.

Same thing with handguns, I marvel at all the fancy automatics and then end up drooling all over the single actions, especially .22 Ruger Single-Sixes.

grizcty likes this.
  5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

You already know I love lever guns.:)

texnmidwest and Tack Driver like this.
  6. Tack Driver

weapons from a more civilized time period :)

7. Tack Driver

By the way Dan22, I must give you props for the photography work as well as the beautiful carbine. That picture looks like it should be in a gun magazine!

MoDoc and Dan22 like this.
  8. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Some beautiful wood on that puppy.

Tack Driver and jerry like this.
  9. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Very nice lookin trapper. Often we head out armed with our Model 70s or 700s and forget about the compactness and light weight of these handy carbines.

Dan22 likes this.
  10. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

The Winchester 94 has the "it" factor.................. Marlin may be better made (old ones) IMO, but they will never surpass the 94 . Certainly one of the all time ...levers.

I didn`t know there were any ......barns in Longwood. :)

11. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

I like the Winchester but would also like to have a Marlin 94 to keep it company. Maybe a .357, I like the idea of having a rifle and handgun in the same caliber.

Plenty of barns in Longwood. Most are off of Lake Emma Road or Longwood Hills Road. We are just outside the village limits so you can fire a gun without police hassle.