Winchester 97 Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by Don Franklin, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Franklin

Don Franklin Guest

Am trying to get an approximate value for this shotgun as well as the date of manufacture. 2 3/4" , 30" barrel. The bluing is in excellent shape except for the slide, and the stock has some discoloration of the wood.

2. JBS

JBS G&G Regular

Prolly about $85 or $50 dollars or maybe $12, judging by the description.

3. Purdy

Purdy G&G Evangelist

LOL great humor??? :D

4. Yep, in Silver Dollars minted the same year the gun was made.
    They are very popular amonst Cowboy Action Shooters.

5. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    dont listen to JBS, he's a flippin idiot at times!

the fact is, it is very hard to put a value on a firearm without a firsthand inspection. there are websites available that you can use to date the shotgun via the serial#.

6. JBS

JBS G&G Regular

Don Franklin...I was alluding to the fact that it is impossible to assign a value to the gun with the description given. If it created confusion or caused a misunderstanding for any of you, I do apoligize. I am not as intense as lefty o, when it comes to posting. I take things to the lighter side, when possible. Unlike lefty o, I do not call others names.

Yes, there are websites to help find the value of your shotgun. Why don't you google 'firearms values" or something of that nature, to get you started.
    There are books, available,that are dedicated to gun values, also.

7. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    you'd have been much better off to explain it like that than to come off as a wise A$$. had you done so, you would not have been called an idiot.

8. The easiest way to get a Fair Market Value of your gun is to go to a Gun Show and fine a couple of guns that pretty much match yours. Now there's always the chance that yours has a fatal flaw or is for some unknown reason a valuable collectors gun, you may never know about that though.

9. Why you wanna be shootin cowboys for? Dont shoot the cowboys! Dont shoot the cowboys!

10. JBS

JBS G&G Regular

Wasn't talking to you mufugger. As far as wise asses go, fug you and your mamma!

11. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I have just time enough to post what is in the bluebook:The first M1897 was an improved M1893,from 100% to 10%,$900,$750,$595,$500,$450,$350,$250,$225,195,$175,$150,$125.The next jump is a M1897Trap running from 98% to 10%:$2250,$2000,$1800,$1600,$1300,$1000,$750,$600,$450,$400,$350.The next is a M1897 Pigeon:running from 98% to 10%:,$10,000,$8,500,$7500,$6000,$4500,$3500,$3000,$2000,$1500,$1000,$800. sam.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  12. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    gee, i thought you said you didnt call people names!!! you are a P.O.S.! the only thing ive ever seen you do on this forum is cause problems, be a wiseass, and generally screw up peoples threads. for all intent purposes jbs, your a troll.

13. JBS

JBS G&G Regular

I don't give a rats azz what you think, beetle dik. Oh and your sister too.

14. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    since your calling names again, despite what you stated in your previous post, i guess its pretty safe to say your a liar.

15. Cuz I got yore back !!! LOL

JB I just left your profile. I see something has changed. I can't send you any messages.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  16. JBS

JBS G&G Regular

Since you felt ok with calling me names, I felt ok with calling you names, too. You made it a personal attack a long time ago. I finally decided to join the game with you. I've enjoyed this game enough. You're just gonna have to carry it on by yourself.

Awrite, cuzzin. Preciate it. Hey, by the way, how's Herbert doing?

Try now, Mike. I fixed it.

Liar?? Hell, I ain't said anything serious enough to be ranked as a lie in over 2 years.

17. JB I can't find a means to contact you, other than here. The personal message nd post message are gone at your profile.
    Did you do it ?

Herberts doing fine, he learning how to sniff out gold nuggets !

18. JBS

JBS G&G Regular

Try PM again

That Herbert...He's on the job, ain't he?

19. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

seriously guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.