Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use Winchester Action Pistol Powder or WAP for loading .45 ACP's? I've always used Unique and liked it, but a buddy of mine gave me a can of the WAP and I've never really heard anything about. Anyone out there ever use it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Spinner, Winchester action pistol came out in 1994, it is what winchester uses in thier 9mm and 40 S&W factory loads. Since then the powder was sold to Ramshot, under the name og silohotte (my spelling on this might need some help) I myself came across 3 unopened cans at a good buy. I searched and found this info out by eventually talking to a rep at Ramshot who verified this info.

You can go to Ramshot powders and click on thier load data and find Silohette, and use thier data. I myself have had good results. Clean burning and ball type like 231. I load my 45s and my 40 with good results, havent gotten around to 9mm as of yet, but i am sure it will work well. Of course i will recomend the start off light and work your way up rule as in any data source.

This selling of powder to other companys is not a new one, years ago Hercules co. sold Bullseye to i think alliant, i still have an old can of Bullseye with the Hercules co. name on it.

I was also told the "WAP" was popular during the action pistol competition craze that was popular in the 90s, 38super and 10mm was a big hit i remember.

So enjoy using this great powder, and like me snatch it up when you can. the unknown element of it seems to create a bargain for us reloaders.

Take care, Jack:)

·
Banned
10,852 Posts
I would ask this or move this thread over to the "Handloading" forum. There is centuries of experience over there and a wealth of knowledge. I can't express how much I have learned in that forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts