Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else remembers these scabbards.

Back around August to October of 1980, Winchester offered a special promotional fringed scabbard made of deerskin if you purchased a model 94 or 94 Trapper.

I got two of them and was wondering how important they are to Winchester collectors.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures of Winchester Scabbard

Here are some pictures of the Winchester Scabbard.

There is a tag inside that says it was made by US Repeating Arms which bought out Winchester rifles that year.

My 30-30 Trapper has Made by Winchester on the barrel, later models had US Repeating Arms.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I don't know about value,but what I do know I never owned one,but I do love the 94 Trapper,and your scabbard makes a perfect addition to your Trapper.Nice Rig you have!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads these threads.

I see you're from upstate NY. I used to live in Monroe, in Orange County.

The Scabbard is longer than the standard model 94 so it would easily handle the trapper.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I see you're from upstate NY. I used to live in Monroe, in Orange County.

The Scabbard is longer than the standard model 94 so it would easily handle the trapper.
Hi Dan22,Yes I live in Green County NY in the Town of Catskill.I own another house in Sullivan County NY in the Town of Wurtsboro.Monroe in Orange County was a nice Town,but now has been infiltrated with New York City people.Say Dan Ahhh do you want to sell that Trapper?That rifle belongs up here in the Catskill Mountains.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe,

Nah, I'll keep the trapper for a while, already sold the std. 94 a few years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts