Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new knife tonight. It's a Winchester (trademark) Drop point 4 1/2 inch stainless steel fixed blade. It has Winchester etched in the blade and the Winchester Logo sewn onto the sheath. It has a full tang with wooden handles and a fore finger finger groove. It comes with a reinforced black nylon sheath. The "real" manufacturer is some holding company in CA. Then there is a nice little sticker that says made in China. (Didn't see it at the time). That said, it's a hefty little piece and appears well made. I'll have to use it camping, hiking and hunting this fall to find out for sure.

But the best part was the price, are you ready, $15.00. That's less than half the price of some of the more well known brand names. I hope it holds up to use/abuse.

Does anyone on the board already have one? If so how is it holding up?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you get yours?

I picked up the gut-hook model at wal-mart last night.And like you said,didn't notice the "Made In China" sticker 'til I had already bought it.But for the price,it seems to be put together pretty good.

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine at Wally World also. I was a bit conflicted when I saw the made in China sticker. You don't know if it was made in a legit factory or a slave labor camp. I looked at the gut hook model also, but I don't hunt much anymore so I went with the straight blade. Looks like October will be the first time I get to use it for real.:D

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,217 Posts
They make great AK's in China, so your knife will probably hold up well! :)

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never argue with the administrator of a forum. It's kinda like arguing with God. You never know when He'll lower the boom on you. LOL:rolleyes:

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of which, now that I'm over 500 Posts doesn't my star system change?

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,217 Posts
NO! Seeing as you live in D.C. we are gonna take stars away from you until you owe US stars! ;)

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Joe play nice. My family is just a bunch of Texas Refugees living in Virginia. Besides I could alsways ask for some cute little balls like yours!:eek: :p :D Just so mine aren't blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts