Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got an idea what a Winchester "cartridge" series knife would be worth? It's a two blade model with a red and white striped handle with a Win. 45-70 headstamp on one side. The blade length is approx. 3.75" and comes in the original box, although the inner liner is torn up a little and there is a little bit of rust along the upper exposed surfaces of the blades and the edges of the bolsters. This knife has never been sharpened and the outer box is in really good condition although it has $120.00 written in ink on the underside of the top half, presumably by a dealer in the past. TIA..toolman

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
OKay. I cannot answer this tonight, but I can in the next couple of days. My late Father-N-Law (rest in blessed peace, my friend, my true friend) was a knife maker. We are still in touch with some of his fellow craftsmen. Give me a day or two and I will get back to you.

How old do you figure it is? 1*

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 1*, I'm not real sure about the age but I also found the warranty card w/it showing Blue Grass Cutlery Corp as the actual manufacturer. The only other thing that I can think of is that it shows Win. as being part of Olin Corp. on the licensing agreement but I don't have a clue as to when Olin aqcuired them. Sorry about your father-in-law, it sounds like you two were really close. Hope life's treatin' ya ok-do you have "bike-butt" yet? :D We just got back from S.A. Sun. night,still hot-n-humid! I'm fixing to go to work so it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I'm home again, I'll check back w/ya later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts