Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a very nice rifle for sale, stock is perfect but refinished with polyurethane. The blue is all original, condition is excellent.
Serial # F-3601xx
Does anybody know year of manufacturer and value? What is a website for establishing any gun value?:feedback:

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Try out the following Winchester site which provides date of manufacture:

Winchester Manufacture Dates

It indicates 1906 is the date of manufacture.

I looked over Model 94's at Cabela's in Kansas City, KS today and saw them priced from $500 up to $900, depending upon condition.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I have one, it was my dads. My most important possesion. You will enjoy it....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try out the following Winchester site which provides date of manufacture:

Winchester Manufacture Dates

It indicates 1906 is the date of manufacture.

I looked over Model 94's at Cabela's in Kansas City, KS today and saw them priced from $500 up to $900, depending upon condition.
Entering just the serial numbers I get a reply of 1906. Is this correct or is this a date for a caliber other than a 22 Lever Model 94? This gun looks far too good of a condition to be 100+ years old?

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
22plinker...I'd bet on Mooseman684's answer if I were you. From your other comments, that rifle is too new to have been made in 1906. Something about Winchester's site appears to be wrong.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Its the "XTR" that changes everything to later date !
Rich

They were manufactured from 1972 up to last year but the XTR stamp was discontinued in 1989. Value is 550.00 in mint shape down to 200.00 for 60% shape...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts