Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i own a modle 100 and haveing a problem with getting my bolt open to break it down for cleaning it bolt won't open at all can someone give me some idea on how i can fix this problem

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
The Winchester Model 100 has a rotating bolt and 3 locking lugs and a gas system resembling the M14. If the chamber is empty, I suggest spraying some light oil or wd40 into the front bolt area . Since you can't retract the slide to remove the action from the stock,try GENTLY tapping the thick part of the operating slide handle with a block of hardwood to hopefully retract the slide and bolt. MAKE Sure it is UNLOADED FIRST!!! If this doesnt work, I suggest taking it to a gunsmith as he may have to use a brass rod down the gas tube and tap the gas piston.
You can use a cleaning rod and Checking length to Make sure there is Not a Round in the Chamber before trying this! Be safe !
Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can any one tell me where i can get a extractor for my model 100? i have looked ervry where and have had no luck...I absolutly love my gun but cant use it till i find one and have had to use others in its place...

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Call Winchester / U.S. Repeating Arms customer ser.#..1-800-945-1392.
I think this is a current number, but call soon as they are closing the Connecticut factory! Good luck!
Rich

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I searched ALL the main parts suppliers except Jack First because I don't have a current catalog for them , but nobody has parts for that model... That is why I recommended Calling the Factory...If anyone has it , They will.
Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts