Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just recently aquired a Winchester Model 54 .30GOV'T'06. i found out on another website that it was manufactured in 1928. I was wondering about the value of it. its complete and in what seems to be in decent shape for how old it is.
Any info that you may have about it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
The Model 54...The precursor to the Model 70. The Model 54 was Mfg from 1925-1936. There were 50,145 made. Value as always depends on condition , but even as beat up as it is That rifle is 800.00-1000.00.!!!
If that were a Carbine version all original, it would be worth more. Yours is the Sporter Model.
I shot a Charging Grizzly in the Heart with one of those Rifles in 1990 , and drilled a Coyote right thru the ears at 100 Yards...Open Sights.Very accurate and Sweet Trigger made that rifle Deadly and 30/06 made it Powerful...My hunting partner still has that rifle and He won't sell it since it was his first Rifle, he said He May will it to me... I started Peeling Fun Tickets (100 dollar bills:) one time on his table and he turned me down even after 1/4 inch stack.:17: I Still Love that Model 54 !
Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts