Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a model 67 rifle that says LR. L. S. but it can only take shorts as the ejector on the bottom blocks L or LR's from being put in. Maybe my gun is not right. See pic. Thanks Ron

Attachments

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
You're right - looks like the .22Short only model. My local gun&pawn had two of 'em. Wish I'd bought one now, but they wanted too much.
.22 rifles are on rare occasions mismarked.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a model 67 rifle that says LR. L. S. but it can only take shorts as the ejector on the bottom blocks L or LR's from being put in. Maybe my gun is not right. See pic. Thanks Ron
Ron:

Without having to pull mine out of the safe, I'll take a shot at this.

Try this. -- Push the bolt forward some, from all the way open. Then depress the trigger all the way and hold and pull the bolt out of the receiver. Take a flat screwdriver and gently pull the ejector rearward into the correct position. Use some lubricant, sparingly, on the receiver and ejector and then depress trigger and slide in the bolt.

You might want to hold your tounge just right against your cheek when sliding in the bolt as not to push the ejector forward and out of position. If you're unable to get the ejector to stay back, then you may want to remove the stock and pull off the trigger.

Usually if the ejector is not all the way back the bolt will not reinstall and go into closing position. Could be it was forced in and ended up the way you have it.

Mine is a very early Model 67, the one with the finger grooves on the forestock, and it handles shorts, longs and long rifle, so your barrel is marked as such and should handle the same.

Regards;
Rod

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just recieved my model 67 so it should be able to hold shorts and longs?? usually i use long hollow points but i dont want to screw this gun up...? :feedback:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a model 67 and when you load a .22LR into it, the rim will be behind the extractor. If you loaded a short, it would be ahead of the extractor, which would slip under the rim when the bolt is closed. My sons each also have this rifle and they are all the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm coming in late, and I see that you've resolved the issue, but from your original statement and your pic, I'd guess that you're trying to get the primer rim of the .22 long bullet ahead of the ejector flange, rather than resting the bullet atop the flange and letting the forward motion of the bolt move the round fully into the chamber with the ejector flange ready to catch the primer rim when the bolt is opened, post-shot, pulling the empty cartridge out of the chamber.

Close? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
67?

I have a rifle that is stamped Model 67, but it has no dovetail cuts for either front or rear sights. It does have target blocks mounted. Is it possible this is a Model 677. There is about $1,000 difference in the Blue Book. HELP!!!

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
I have a rifle that is stamped Model 67, but it has no dovetail cuts for either front or rear sights. It does have target blocks mounted. Is it possible this is a Model 677. There is about $1,000 difference in the Blue Book. HELP!!!
Without pics, there is no way to tell.

Also, instead of reviving antiqued threads, make your own in the proper Winchester forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
model 67

hi pull the triger back and hold it when you load a long then it will work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts