Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Inherited A Model 75 It Has Scope Mounts Mounted On The Barrel But No Scope. The Mounts Are 8 1/4" (outer Edge) And 6"between The Mounts. The Mounts Are Installed On The Barrel Directly Infront Of The Receiver. Does Anyone Know What Scope May Have Been Mounted Or Does Anyone Know If There Is Anything Being Made Now That Would Fit?
Thanks For Your Time

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Sounds like you have a "Scout" setup so what you need to do is Measure what eye relief length is necessary and look for a 4x scope or 3x9 scope of your preference that falls in that eye relief category.From the rear mount to your eye measurement then subtract 4 inches will give you the eye relief!!!
Rich

·
Registered
886 Posts
mdn5 - That is a very accurate rifle, approaching the Legendary Model 52 series. There have been several scopes manufactured for them, including Lyman, Unertl, and several others. It is such a good rifle that you should attempt to find an Unertl under 6 power, otherwise you diminish the value, if you pick just any scope.

Search the internet for these Lyman and Unertl scopes (plan to pay for them, as they are not cheap). These are the scopes that are very long, and have an external spring for cushioning the scope to better handle the recoil. They also have the external adjustment at the rear scope mount. BEAUTIFUL SCOPES, and they work very well.

Most gun stores should know the scopes, and if not, then try to find a shooting club that shoots small bore matches. They should have somebody that is knowledgeable enough to help.

`

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,987 Posts
A very good bit of luck! I have the Model 75T target rifle - with the same scope blocks. Mine has been D&T'd for Weaver bases, so I can use modern scopes, but the PO that had it done reduced the rifle's collector value when he did that.
I usually use the peep sight anyway - the rifle is lighter and less bulky than with any scope, and still very accurate!
These rifles will shoot a half inch at 100 yards - I've managed a couple groups to do that.
Congrats on a fine rifle! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts