close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester model 9410 lever shotgun

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by NRAJOE, Jun 24, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Has anyone bought one of the lever action 9410 .410 shotguns by Winchester? This looks so cool and seems like a great idea! Would like to know how the action feels and is it as much fun to shoot as it looks?

2. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    NRAJOE, I got to shoot one that belongs to a friend. The action runs smooth and once I quit trying to pump the forend and remembered to work the lever skeet doubles were no problem. He's been shooting it for about 6 weeks now at skeet and the only problem he's had was that the plastic butt plate was too slick, and the stock a little short so he added a 1" recoil pad that fixed both problems. It's never failed to feed or eject that I know of and these were all reloads(2 1/2" Win. AA's).

Dave375

3. NRAJOE

Cool...thanks, I'll probably get one. I have short arms and like the feel of my 94 in .44 mag. I'll try to remember to not pump the forend...lol. :D

4. kevvy312

kevvy312 G&G Newbie

whinchester model 9410

5. sniper762

sniper762 G&G Enthusiast

best of both worlds..........buckshot and slugs for deer......shot for smaller game.

6. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Cheaper to buy a new rifle than 410 slugs ....lol .

7. NRAJOE

Yeah, thats whats held me off on getting one.

8. sniper762

sniper762 G&G Enthusiast

i bought a 5-pack of slugs for 3 bucks, hardly expensive.

thats 60 cents each, bullets for my rifle are 18 bucks for 20, thats 90 cents each.

9. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Couldn't you reload the .410 slugs for a really reasonable price?

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

WOW !! I didn't even know these existed. Now I want one !! Thanks Joe...

11. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

they are no longer made, the used gun market is the only source now.:sorry:

12. Snake-eater

Snake-eater G&G Newbie

13. Buckshot in a .410. HOW??? What will they hold, 3 single stacked?

14. LeverMan

LeverMan G&G Newbie

Yes; I bought the packer model the first year these came on the market (whenever that was). I grew up first using a lever action daisy BB gun before eventually shooting my father's model 94 30-30. I'd always liked the lever action gun and thought this gun would be novel to have if nothing else.

It is a cool gun (imo) and it is easy to use anywhere given it's relatively short range, especially when firing bird shot. I will warn you; this gun creeps everyone out because they think you're walking around with a high powered rifle. I was stalking and shooting english sparrows at some vacant property of mine up in Virginia and one of the homeowners from an adjacent lot called the sherrif. I was subsequently visited by a deputy.

Then again, if you have neighbors that you enjoy agitating, it's a great gun for that.