close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester, Win-13

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by MarkM, Apr 11, 2002.

1. MarkM

MarkM G&G Newbie

I thought this was a good place to get info! Does anyone have any knowledge of the Win-13? I'm looking for a price on a Win-13 receiver with correct barrel and stock. Every thing else on the rifle is SA. Overall the rifle looks great and is functional but don't know what to drop on this historical rifle.

Thanks,

Mark

2. Mark, Win 13s were the last production run the Winchester made from Jan. to June of 1945. Serial # range approx. 1,601150 to1640000. Check the right receiver leg to insure that the drawing # D28291WIN13 is present. Incorporates most of the changes made in specific parts during the war. ie the op rod is no longer the slant cut, but the straight cut, flat side op rod. The serial # range is out of sequence. All of these things , plus the sheer collector value of the Winchester logo and trade mark make the WIN13 a sought after item. Condition makes a difference as does degree of completness. I would hazzard a guess a guess and say somewhere in the $1500 to $1800 range.

3. MarkM

MarkM G&G Newbie

Bob,

If you open this thread up again, thanks for the reply. The rifle is minus the correct op-rod and I've been told to make the rifle complete, I could expect to spend a mild $300.00 on the rod alone. The gas cylinder for Winchester is $75.00. Anyone out there have a lead on a correct op-rod for a Win-13? Talk about your hyper inflation. I suspect I will keep the rifle as is, the way I received it from CMP. This is bye far the best catch I've had from the goods folks at CMP.

Hay CMP if your out there thank you, thank you, thank you.

Best regards to all,

Mark