close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchesters

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by .22hustler, Jul 16, 2014.

1. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Evangelist

My cousin is getting up in years, and he's getting rid of his guns. He has a Winchester model 12 in every gauge, a 1894 Winchester in 30-30, octagon barrel, that was his dad's gun, a Remington Game Master in 30'06, and the list goes on. All guns are nice, but I can't get any photos as he's out of state. Also a Citori, and a lever action marlin in .22.

grizcty likes this.
  2. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

sounds like a great collection. are you getting them?

3. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Yeah they sound like some quality pieces. Bet machine forging on many. Hope you receive them one way or another. Sounds like they could be worth good bucks as well as priceless heirlooms. Good luck

blaster likes this.
  4. .22hustler

I wish I could get one or two. I always had a eye for my uncles 30-30, but the price is too far out for me. In fact, much of the collection is priced out of my budget. I'd like to get the Citori for my youngest son, and the Marlin .22 for a future grandson who is still baking in momma's tummy.

5. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Man that is a bummer hustler. love to know the date of manufacture on that Winchester 94. Octagon barrel is a premium. Hope a miracle happens for ya.

6. .22hustler

I remember as a 16 year old kid hunting white-tails with my uncle, him using that 30-30, and me using a brand-new M-88 Winchester in 308. I always said I wanted that 30-30 as I was always close to that uncle and cousin. He's like a brother I've never had. He said he wants about $1500 for it, and I just don't have that kind of money.I would hate to see it go to a stranger who doesn't have any fond memories of it's past. My cousin still has the original bill of sale for it. I shed a tear knowing it's not going to stay in the family...

7. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    I'd offer to make payments or something! Repairs around the house, beg, grovel, blackmail, extortion, something! :panic:

my1871colt45, Kracker and trigger like this.
  8. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Man that is a chunk of change 22. Well good luck anyway

870shooter1 likes this.
  9. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

sorry to hear that. I was hoping you inhereted them. but I guess thats why quality firearms are a good investment. if his survivors aren't gun people and need the money they can cash them in. too bad they don't give you a family discount.

10. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Not knowing the condition, fifteen hundred might be steep. I've got a niche that needs filling if the price is right.

11. .22hustler

The '94 is in very nice shape. It's still shootable, and kept in a locked safe along with the rest of the guns... Hopefully I can get some type of family discount as he really doesn't need the money; he's a millionaire several times over..

12. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

unfourtunatly many wealthy people are tight with their money. thats how they stay rich.

13. .22hustler

The Winchester was a Model 1894, octagon barrel, take-down model, and it was appraised at a little over $4000. It was also a .35 Remington, even rarer.

14. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Was?
    Does that mean he sold it to someone else ?

15. .22hustler

He sold the entire collection to a family member, except for 2-3 shotguns and a .22. He gave me a very nice Marlin 39A Golden trigger .22 with the matching Marlin scope. He bought it many,many years ago, and he personally never shot it. It's a beauty..

870shooter1 and neophyte like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge G&G Enthusiast

You said he had one of every Mod 12 Win - does that include a 28 ga? That is an expensive gun if in Exc cond. My dad turned down $3000 for his 40 yrs ago.
    I got my dads Mod 12 - 28 ga when he died. Makes a nice pair with my Rem Mod 11-48 in 28 ga.
    Sarge

chesterwin likes this.
  17. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Never heard of one chambered in .35 Remington and never seen anything written about one in that caliber. Was it custom ordered or maybe a .25-35 Winchester? I'd love to see pictures!