winter mice.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by billy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

when i 1st bought my house.
    it was mousecadelic.
    i talked to my exterminator buddy
    and this is what he had me do
    place baited (i used p-nut butter)but not set traps all over.
    and refill them when needed for 1 or 2 weeks
    and then bait and set all of them at once.
    i also used poison.
    all of my traps caught mice repeatedly and the decon finished em off.

2. billy

p.s.
    i have no kids or pets so i can put poison wherever i want.

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I always knew you were demented !! But getting mice hooked on peanut butter only to execute them later is sick !!

4. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Hey Billy them mice like the peanut butter....LOL...I found a few in the pool yesterday.
    They are bad swimmers i'll tell ya....

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I had a mouse problem in an old apartment I used to live in. I found, as you did, that traps, some poison and plugging the holes they were getting in at worked well.

6. billy

have been mad at them ever since i found out i cant teach em to wrestle each other.
    i made em cool lil mexican masks and everything.....

7. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

You can dress them up, you can send them to school, but they just won't learn.

8. billy

on the plus side.
    i found that those tiny masks fit perfectly on my .....erm...
    FINGER!
    yeah thats it!
    my finger....

9. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

You must have a semi retarded to retarded mouse population there. I have had cabin mice controlling chariots with other mice pulling them. Sometimes I have gladiator mice matches it's always a blood bath no matter what though. I .22LR their asses before they can leave the ring.

It's all in the hunt though as they try to leave the ring. I snipe them from a distance, they don't stand a chance.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  10. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

Mouse traps with peanut butter are for wimps. Use your 45 on them like a real man Mr.billy...lol

11. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

A few friends and I were camping years ago. We were camping on a ledge next to a 100 foot cliff. We were standing by this big flat rock right on the edge of the cliff eating peanut butter sandwiches. We had the open jar setting on the rock as we were eating. A mouse came out of nowhere and jumped into the jar of peanut butter ate some and then ran off. We just stood there shocked that he just ruined our only jar of peanut butter. We put the jar on the edge of the cliff with a long stick touching the jar. We waited for him to come back. He came running back and jumped into the jar and we grabbed the stick and pushed him off the cliff while he was still in the jar..We didn't get mad we got even...

12. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist

I have my mom's little Jack Russels that keep my big dogs company. The mice here are now long extinct. They're better mousers than a cat.

13. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Evangelist

Years ago we had a mouse problem in a second floor apartment and we were the only ones in the bulding with the problem. Complaining to the landlady did no good so I kept my "catch" in a plastic bag in the freezer. After a week I took it down and dropped it on her desk and told her that there was my non-existent mouse problem and she either put us in another apartment or the next call was to the health department. We moved to a larger apartment in a different building a mile away for the same money that afternoon. No more mice. Sure wish I had a picture of her face when I dropped that big bag of mice on her desk.

14. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

Should have putt a little nicotine, cocaine, or caffeine in the PB!

Seriously. . . . Coffee grounds would work nicely, as would tobacco. They'd come for it even if they KNEW it would kill them.

15. BarryHalls

Indeed they are. Cats will sneak up on mice and surprise them. JRs will chase them to the ends of the earth and still dig to china to get them out. Besides that, cats toy with them, giving them opportunities to escape, JRs don't.

16. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Living in the exurbs as we do, we have an ongoing mouse problem. Especially in winter, the little buggers try to get into the house after food and warmth, despite my blocking every entry point I can find with steel wool and spackle.

When we moved in, we had a mouse infestation. Our first cat, Cleo, was a superlative mouser. Thirty days after we got her, we did not have a mouse problem.

Since then, we've always had at least one or two cats who are good or better mousers. Every so often, one of them will show up with a mouse clutched in its jaws. Suits me. It's a green solution to the rodent problem.

17. BarryHalls

QUITE! That's my idea of 'green living', good, old fashioned, simple, 0 impact solutions!

I'm not a 'fan' of cats, but I want one as a low maintenance pet and pest control, BUT I have a toddler and if you have a cat in the house before the age of 6 there is a 50%(I think) chance that you will suffer dimensia in old age compared to the. . . 15% (I think) of those who did not grow up with cats who suffer. . . . Toxoplasmosis is suspected to be the cause.

Not exactly what I want for my daughter. Besides, my wife is DEATHLY allergic to felines. Still, I'd love to have a little hairless kitty!

18. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit G&G Evangelist

My cat doesn't know to catch mice. He thinks his food comes in a can. My rat terrier is better at catching them. But since I moved to the new house the only mice I see are in the shop not the house.

19. Mice is why I have cats.....you get a couple furrballs with claws running around they mice start to vanish lol.

20. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

I lived in a place that had mice once. I got a pet ferret and two days later.... NO sign of mice, no sign of roaches. They get a whiff of the ferret and they leave.

I now have a couple of cats around the property. We had rats and kangaroo mice. We no longer have either. Once in a while, the cat comes around the corner of the house with a kangaroo mouse and I take it from her. She then gives me this look---> :261: . I then carry the little vermin in to the house and drop it in my snakes cage. Free meal! :D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010