Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was the vote on whether or not the CCW will be allowed in wisc. We were supposed to have 66 votes accounted for (what we needed) and i was all happy and ready to go through the applications and what not by the end of the week. Turns out, 2 of the good ol democraps renigged on their prior acknowledgement to vote in favor of the CCW and we ended up being 2 votes short of the veto override. Tom Barrett, mayor of milwaukee had a little parade against the CCW this weekend saying "we dont need anymore guns in our city. What an A Hole! pardon my french buit i am steamed, just thought id keep yall up to date and let u know that i am still unsafe and not packin heat.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Very sorry to hear that! Thankfully PA passed a law in the mid '90s that guaranteed statewide observation of CCW permits on a SHALL ISSUE basis. With our current rat of a governor we'd be hard pressed to do any such thing at present, but he's on his way out. Meanwhile an elitist rat from my city has pushed for a wild state AWB, but thankfully not even most of the dems would be likely to vote for it, and it's long dead.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Man , that is too bad. Smells like Limburger to me !
Last year Alaska did away with licensing for EVERYBODY ! Free to Carry !!!No shootouts yet in the streets but Violent crime is down and people seem to be more friendly towards each other since nobody knows what that bulge is ! Remember him at election time !

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
I am looking forward to that Mooseman as soon as I get my suitcases off the bagagge claim in Achorage the erlc goes right on the hip as I will have nearly 10K in cash in my pocket

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Shaun,
We Alaskans will be happy to take your money, Show you the best time of your life, Give you an adrenaline rush so big, you will shake for while, And Show you the way home ...as we Grin all the way to the Bank! LOL:D
Just STAY OUT of "THE BUSH COMPANY "! With 10 grand, you'll end up broke and no Bear to take home! And the strippers will be grinning!

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
I don't get much out of strip joints but my wallet will be 7800 lighter the minute I arrive in camp and then of course 1800 lighter the minute I get to the flight service.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bgr3, i go to school in wisc but live in Ill, and i know a lot of Penn laws too, those have to be the hardest 3 states in the gun law department.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and as for moose and shaun, i hate u guys, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky! goin for the big grizz i take it eh shaun? just dont let the "big... big bear.... big bear chase u" ever seen the movie "The great outdoors" with john candy? its a good one

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Little by little they take away more gun freedoms. THe CCW should be nation-wide. Is it true that you can't own a pistol in Washington D.C.?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Anywhere else in the country where you can't posses? I like being in Arizona, not worries about any of that stuff.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Although alot of states are trying to chip away at the laws, some states have seen CC and Castle law progress in the last 10 years.
Not mine, though. NJ (me), California, and Massachussetts, and Hawaii are probably the worst overall.
Washington DC you can't own anything at all. It's not a state and therefore not subject to the same Constitutional guidlines. They weren't even allowed to vote for the longest time.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Interesting. You can own a gun and just not carry it?(where you are in NJ)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Right. We can own (as long as it's not on the cock-a-maimie banned list). Can't carry at all.
I'm safe as long as I stay home. But then I'll likely go to jail if I shoot someone trying to kill my family.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Self Defense is a God given Right and Anti-Constitutional laws can't even take that away...I'd rather be Judged By 12 than carried By 6 !
The NRA is Fighting Now to change the D.C. Laws , so somebody IS trying!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That's crazy stuff. Why would you live there, being an gun enthusiest, I'm sure you want to carry? How can they ban ownership? It is our right, correct??

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Doesn't the state have power over the city? Or is Cal. just run by people who don't want guns in their state?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts