close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wish us luck!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Jul 27, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Blind drawi'n tomorrow. 600+ hunters & 20 blinds (at the site we hunt) Do the math, might as well be playing the lottery. As it stands; each person gets a draw, if a blind is drawn 3 people get on the card. Any of the 3 can claim the blind. If no one shows, it goes into the daily draw.
    Problem:
    people with $$$$$ buy their friends, x-wives, grandmas, etc. duck stamps to draw. If you have a spare $500 sitting around you can increase your chances of drawing dramatically.
    It's been brought up to have the 3 people on the card for the blind on the draw card. This seems like it would eliminate some of the fraud, untill someone figures out how to jack that up.
    The thing that ticks me off is most of the guys who do this have a private club to hunt already and are in it for a "bonus" spot.
    :nod:

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Jerry, I wish you the best of luck! I reckon I'm very, very lucky. I Duck hunt on my own land. Every time I went last season, I took a friend with me and "I" killed mine and his limit in the first 15 minutes, everytime. We have a big creek running thru our land and the beavers kept damming it up and I finally gave up and now we have this huge lake. Letting the beavers go was the best thing I ever did...duck heaven.