close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

witch ones and why

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, May 28, 2002.

witch ones and why(list a specific one but you only get two choices)

1. assault rifle

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. rifle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. shotgun

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. semi auto pistol

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  5. revolver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

if something like the movie red dawn happened in the USAand you could only take two guns (a side arm and a rifle ) 2 witch ones would you take (remember you'r guns will be exsposed to all of the worst elements)and you don't have a house to stay in no more just a makeshift shelter to live in

2. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i would take an ak in the 5.56 cal the ak for it's durability the 5.56 round for it's avalability and a stainless steel revolver in the 357 and .44 caliber. stainless steel because of the weather and revolver cause it is not as likely to malfunction or jam up.

3. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i think i messed up the pole it only lets you pick one . i need more practice lol

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Reason I picked an "assault rifle" is that it has the widest range of capabilities, and it's what I'm the most familiar with. I'd pick HK-91 because of full power, common ammo, and high durability.

5. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

My M1-A and 45acp the 308win is the way to go. Power, range and it will put meat on the table. And the 45acp is a first class fight stoper.....

6. AR-30 in 338 Lapua magnum and a 1911A1 in 45ACP.

Why? Because I am too old to run so I'm going to set up and "reach out and touch someone", hopefully, several someones of great importance. And if you ever saw Last Man Standing, you know why the pistol choice.

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    well,
    If I had my drethers, I'd have a 1911A1 and a CAR-15 just because, if something like that happened I would feel ALOT better killing them with 5.56.

8. Eric556

Eric556 G&G Newbie

Maine
    Red Dawn Redux

The pistol is easy--I'd go with a Glock 23C--light, concealable, dependable as the day is long, readily available ammo, ballistically approaches the .45, and 13 rounds in the mag vs 7 in the 1911A1. With a Lasermax and and an Insight M3, it's also a pretty fair entry gun/nightfighter. It'd be tough to leave my .45's and 10mm at home, though. But a pistol is always a compromise.

For a long gun, I'd take the Colt M16A3 (or my preban AR15A3 clone). Again, light, dependable, accurate, readily available ammo. And, contrary to popular belief, the bugs were worked out a long time ago. I like the 20 inch barrel and fixed buttstock--it just feels right. Can't see me buttstroking anybody with my M4gery. With the flat top, I can mount the optics of my choice. Sure, it's just a varmit round, but we are talking about killing commies, not moose or brown bear. Besides, I live in Maine, not Montana, and 600 yd shots just aren't that likely.

If Bushmaster ever delivers my M17S Bullpup, I may change my mind, since I heard nothing but good things about it. If it lives up to my expectations, and the invaders start doing PLF's in my back yard, then I'll take the Bullpup and my AR15 gets left in the safe along with my Springfields, Enfields, Garands, and M1A.

Eric556

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I posted a closeup of the scope mounting on my M17 in the optics forum.. The trigger will probably not be too good to start with on the M17, but there are easy improvements you can make at home. I have posted instructions before, and you can find info on them if you do a web search. PS, the M17S works best with the metal GI type mags. And it loves Ss109 ammo.

10. Eric556

Eric556 G&G Newbie

Maine
    Klaus,

Thanks for the info. Bushmaster says they're starting up the M17S assembly line at the end of June, so hopefully I have only a month or so to wait before I get it.

Eric556

11. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

This depends a lot on what my ammo source would be , dommestic or Commie .

Domestic :

7.62 NATO and .357 / .38 special or a 9 x 19mm

Rifle would be a 7.62 NATO Garand , M1A or FAL . Have not decided . Not the Garand if I planed to use optics .

.357 perfered or a 9 x 19mm if ammo was the issue

Commie :

7.62 x 39mm or 7.62 x 54R & 9 x 18mm Mak or 7.62 x 25mm Tok

Close range , an AK , longer range a Fin M39 ; a Mak or a Tok , depending on ammo .

Wyr
    God Bless

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Pump Shotgun & Revolver....no magazines to lose & I can top them off as I go.

13. My AR-15 "pre-banned" and a 9mm pistol of some variety. The CZ-75b if I had my druthers. Th AR as it's my gun, I'm familiar with it, and 5.56 ammo is easy to come by, as is spare parts. The '9 cause if you can't find 9mm ammo around here your stupid. Md has the 3rd most Draconian handgun laws in the US and you still can't help but trip over 9mm

14. M1rifleman

M1rifleman G&G Newbie

CAR-15 and Glock 22 in .40 S&W ......very light combo......because i want to be able to run away if necessary.....i wouldnt want to start a fight but if there was no other choice than these will perform admirably. or i would choose an HK - 91 in .308..scoped but with quick detach rings and a Colt M1911 in .45 ACP for pure knock down power and the HK scoped can be a valuble asset when danger is still semi far and can be just plain mean close open sighted.....defenitely knockdown power

15. jamespeterman

jamespeterman G&G Newbie

My two choices would be an AR-15 carbine and a Glock 19. Any deviation of the various models would suffice. I chose the .223 and 9mm based on availability and price of the ammo. Also, the compactness of the weapons makes them much more user friendly in a close quarter environment.

16. Eddie

Eddie G&G Newbie

Ky
    I like the m-14 to reach out and touch someone, but as i live in the hill's of Ky, that would be near inposable. so i would take an AK-47, and a high cap 9mm. probly a FEG P9R, sense i have several of them. Hope it don't come to that, as i am gitting to old to climb these mountains.