close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wlather Rookie questions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by McNab1, Mar 25, 2002.

1. McNab1

McNab1 G&G Newbie

Walther Rookie questions

I am a LEO and I'm looking for a new gun, I am seriously considering a P-99. I have yet to fire one, I was looking for some info. regarding reilability etc.. also I need to ask a new-guy question, Are .357 Sig barrels available? Etc... Etc... I'm sure it has probably been discussed here before, but it is my first time her so bear with me. Thanks in advance.
    Gary

Last edited: Mar 25, 2002
  2. wise_owl

wise_owl G&G Newbie

Egypt
    Hi Gary,
    Greetings from Egypt, where I can tell you that the Walther P99 is one of the most reliable Semi-Autos in 9mm para. It works almost flawlessly even with cheap Egyptian ammo, which, for example, fails repeatedly with Glocks. Sorry, I can't help with your Sig query. Regards.

3. captw3

captw3 G&G Newbie

I own a P99 in 40S&W, as far as I know the 9MM and the 40S&W are the only calibers available. I love mine and have not have a problem in over 1000 rounds. It is very reliable. The fact that you can change your grip and front sight easily to thighten your shot grouping is a big plus, the only annoyance I have found is how long the trigger is in double action. If you want a good 357 sig try the sig arms pro series. I am partial to them because they are made right down the street from where I live. Rick

4. mrkamikaze

mrkamikaze G&G Newbie

walther p99

My Opinion(Only):

I have a P99 and I think you can't go wrong with this pistol, no matter which caliber. It's combination of features,accuracy and reliability make it one of the finest(if not THE finest :D) pistol on the market today. If you want a little extra bullet diameter, go for the .40. 9mm ammunition tends to more commonly available and less expensive, as well as having a greater variety of loads(in my experience). I own several other pistols(PPK/S,two 1911 clones, Beretta, Glock, Ruger .22), but the Walther P99 is MY personal favorite.