Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago today, on April 29th, 2007, a Jack Russell Terrier named George saved five children in New Zealand from an attack by two pit bulls. He was reported to have charged at them and held them at bay long enough for the kids to get away. He had to be put down due to injuries and was posthumously awarded a medal of bravery, normally reserved for humans, by the SPCA. A former US Marine also donated a Purple Heart award he received for service in Vietnam to George's owner.

·
Premium Member
18,205 Posts
A homeowner here in Iowa was watching his son's pitbull when it attacked him, twice. The second time he shot the dog, killing it. Charges are pending against his son. One less pitbull.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
+1 for the Jack Russell Terrier. We have one and when he is protecting our grandchildren he thinks he is 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
It sounds to me like George was one brave soldier-he gave his life..!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
The smaller breed of dog is the fiercest I have ever come across, and bonds tighter to it's human counterpart. They have no fear of injury or death, and will fight to the death, in order to protect their human. They are unbelievably brave, and loyal. God bless that little terrier, for giving his life to protect those children!!

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
+1 for the Jack Russell Terrier. We have one and when he is protecting our grandchildren he thinks he is 10 feet tall and bullet proof.
Jack Russels tend to think they're built that way even when they aren't on the job, Windwalker.:)

I was meter-reading one day, when one came charging down a driveway at me. He was planning to eat me alive, so I reached out and flipped him onto his back with my dog stick, then spun him around and around for a while. When I stepped back to let him up, the homeowner was watching me.

I said, "sorry about that," and she answered, "don't be. Maybe it'll teach the little b-----d some manners. But I doubt it..." Then she picked the dizzy little guy up, tucked him under her arm and told him to shut up, and headed back into the house with him.

·
Premium Member
14,868 Posts
I have two pit bulls and I assure you they're not a threat to anyone. When someone comes to the house, my dogs think the humans came to see them! They wag their tails and have never met a stranger. It's all on how they are raised. Period!

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
I have two pit bulls and I assure you they're not a threat to anyone. When someone comes to the house, my dogs think the humans came to see them! They wag their tails and have never met a stranger. It's all on how they are raised. Period!
+1!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I had a jack russell about 7 years ago and I loved him dearly! He was hyper as heck and yappy but he was one loyal dog, especially to the kids. He is gone now and although I have 3 other dogs, I miss him dearly. Thanks 9mm for the heart-touching post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts