Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bushnell® Trophy® Red Dot Sight

Fully coated high-contrast Amber Bright® optics, wide-angle field of view, fast-focus eyepiece, finger-adjustable 1/4-MOA windage and elevation adjustments. 1-piece tube and heavy-duty spring clip assembly for enhanced accuracy with any caliber. Waterproof and fogproof. 11-position brightness control. Includes Weaver®-style rings. Ideal for handgun, shotgun or rimfire shooting. Available with 6 MOA Red Dot reticle or 4 different dial-in electronic Red Dot reticles (3 MOA dot, 10 MOA dot, crosshair, and 65 MOA circle with 3 MOA dot). New Red and Green Dot reticle use the green for low light conditions, the red for bright light. Battery included. 1X28 Power Objective Diameter. FOV= Field of view. FOV=68 feet @ 100 yards. Length: 5.5". Weight: 6 oz. Matte finish.

Place Order Below

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
In all honesty I would say wait and spend a little more money. There is a Bushnell Trophy 1x32 red dot thats like an ACOG that is supposed to be pretty nice for around $150, I think. Bushnell makes an EOTech type holosight thats around $250. There is also the SPOT red dot(check Del-ton.com) thats a really nice red dot for around $150-$160(have one on my AR). However if your trying to stay under $100, you might think about a lower power scope, such as a Bushnell Trophy series scope. I've got a 3-9x40 version on my G3 .308 that I love. We've got 8" steel plates at the range out at 300 yards that are easy to see with this scope. Just some ideas...

·
Registered
280 Posts
In my opinion, it will work but you would be better served to save your money for something like an Eotech, It may not be important now but one day you may want to co-witness with iron sights and the Eotech will be ready to go without the need of a riser.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my opinion, it will work but you would be better served to save your money for something like an Eotech, It may not be important now but one day you may want to co-witness with iron sights and the Eotech will be ready to go without the need of a riser.

What does that mean USMC?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
There are some sweet Aimpoint clones like what Pred has on ebay all the time. Worth the extra money.

Co-witness is when you line up your dot with the iron sights. EO Techs come with a built in riser that allows you to do this without having to spend money on an additional piece for that reason.

·
Registered
280 Posts
One other thing to remember is that something like an Eotech or an Aimpoint is going to last probably a life time where as most cheap red dots or knock offs that I've used have only lasted me a year or two years before they where no longer serviceable. I have had luck with a few brands of cheaper optics such as the Hakko's

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That is one of the main reasons that I get scopes rather than red dots or holosights, they last as long as you don't break them.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I disagree. A scope can break just as easily in my opinion as a red dot. First off, they have completely different purposes, and second, you get what you pay for. No way around it what-so-ever. Cheap scopes will compare to cheap red dots, and expensive scopes will compare to expensive red dots.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Usmc How much is a good price and what ecotech would you choose

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have seen them as low as $350, but the Bushnell model is only $225. Do some research, I have come across them on ebay now and then, that is where I got my Aimpoint.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would spend the extra money and get an Eotech instead of the bushnell. They are almost exactly the same but the protective hood on the Eotech is important to me. You would probably want to get a 512 since I doubt you plan on using night vision and AA batteries are available everywhere. The 512's I've seen are around $350-$370.

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | EOTech | Eotech 512 RevF

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
If you can, try to find a cool dealer. I've made friends with a pawn shop owner who has his FFL. He can order me the EOTech's for just over $300.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts