Gun and Game Forum banner

would you sell a series 80 Colt to buy a series 70 Colt ?

• yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • no

Votes: 6 46.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
Yeah!
Colt Dosen't make 'em any more to the best of my knowledge. I'd trash the series 80 in 1/2 of a heartbeat for a good series 70.

Only way I might not is if I carried it CCW or duty. Then I'd just have both.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colt's Custom Shop makes them..$785 dealer cost

Logansdad said:
The legacy of the Government Model is well known. It is a combat proven weapon that has tirelessly served our Armed Forces in past conflicts.
Colt’s Series 70 pistol features the Series 70 firing system making it a faithful reproduction and throwback to Colt Government Models manufactured during the 1970’s. It is a rugged and dependable Colt that features high maintainability and sustains repeatable accuracy.

:target:

http://www.colt.com/CMCI/Series70.asp
:right: :target:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
I thought mabe the custom shop, but didn't want to stick my neck out too far. They are wishy washy in the custom shop.

Are you talking even trade, a little cash w/ it? If so, you'd be a fool not to.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually a friend is interested in my Combat Commander :target:

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
i have heard the firing pin saftey is easy to remove, improving trigger pull. i don't know because my trigger finger can't tell the difference. besides i no longer trade, or sell, guns, just buy :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jerry said:
Is that the one that shoots 9" high or low?
yes..it shoots low :gangster:

PAPA G said:
i have heard the firing pin saftey is easy to remove, improving trigger pull. i don't know because my trigger finger can't tell the difference. besides i no longer trade, or sell, guns, just buy :)
I'm not removing any safety parts...besides I want the full size 1911A1 :right:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,009 Posts
No, my 1991A1 (series 80 pistol) has never failed me. And I did indeed remove the firing pin doodad - it just slips out. Can't really tell if it helped (trigger has always been nice) but it sure hasn't hurt. With all the other safeties, the thing ain't needed.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when I try to lie..nobody believes me..must not be good at it :spaceship

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Logansdad said:
to buy a series 70 Colt ? :hmmm:
well I sold the Combat Commander..can't get a RRA AR-15 so I ordered the stainless Colt Custom series 70 1911A1 :target:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts