close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wow, a good deal on a nice SKS in today's market

Discussion in 'SKS' started by gsbuickman, Nov 1, 2016.

1. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

this is a thread that was lost when the board was crashed but I also posted it on another forum and I'm glad I can bring it back.
    ==================================================
    Hi guys . I knows that I've had this fora little while but since I haven't been here for too awful long I thought I would share it with y'all.*

Unfortunatly when my ex packed up and split she left me in a bad spot so I had to sell off my gun collection to come up with the cash I needed to take care of business and get back on my feet . It was a hard thing to do but I had to do what I had to do.*

Well I finally got back on my feet and got things situated to where I could start looking into starting a new collection .

Of course the first thing on my list was a new SKS without paying an arm and a leg for the **** thing. With a bit of patience and keeping an eye on things for a while I ran across this real clean Norinco for 3 bills. After a little talking I scored it for $240 w/ 10 boxes of ammo .Its real clean with little to no noticeable use and the bore is bright & shiny. . It had a nice 3x9 scope on a leapers rail but I pulled them off for now.*

I also cleaned up the bolt for 1 handed mag drops which is a huge improvement

. I am not a fan of the polymer stock at all, and the cheek weld lor lack there for of leaves a lot to be desired. The stocks only saving grace is is that it's collapsible and I can roll it up in a horse blanket and Ride out to the range and no one's the wiser .*

If it wasn't for that one saving grace I would pull the polymer off and chuck it in the trash and replace it with a nice blonde Wood stock. I also have to say that I am impressed with this 30 round Promag, its cycles well and I haven't had an issue with it yet. Already looking into some 20 round polymer mags and optics short enough that I can still use stripper clips if need be .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]*

Mantrid_Brizon likes this.
  2. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

While I was cleaning it up and going over everything I decided to decode the serial number and the Arsenal stamp so I would know what it was, so I jumped on Yooper John's sks pages to figure it out.

After a little checking I found out this is one of the latest model sks's I've had yet and is the same as the one in the pic. It's s/n: 11xxxxxx - a 67' military contract type 56 with the Jianshe arsenal 26 stamp & the 3 Chinese characters that Translate as Type 56. It's nothing real special but it's in beautiful condition other than needing a Factory Wood stock and is a great shooter .

[​IMG]

Mantrid_Brizon likes this.

3. Mantrid_Brizon

Mantrid_Brizon G&G Evangelist

The SKS is a great piece. I kept mine stock after I bought it because it was just so beautiful and I appreciated it, as a history buff.

Rave and gsbuickman like this.
  4. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I have found that stock is more valuable and reliable,in general,IMHO. :D

gsbuickman likes this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hated the sights on my Yugo SKS though. Replaced them with Williams Firesight set. Love that fiber optic pipe front and diopter rear.

gsbuickman and SKS NOOB like this.