WW1 officially ends this sunday

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by CopperniX, Sep 29, 2010.

1. CopperniX

CopperniX G&G Hall Monitor Staff Member

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Does the United States get any of that money, or only the British and the French?

3. CopperniX

To be completely honest I dont know if we ever got a dollar of that money or if we will get another.

4. pcman312

pcman312 G&G Regular

From my admittedly limited knowledge about WWI, I believe when the war was over, Britain and France were interested in reparations, while the US was more interested in the peace. That's about the extent of it that I remember from high school history =P

5. CopperniX

just makes me wonder if they still have war reparations from WW2 left to pay.

6. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

They unconditionally surrendered to end WWII. I don't believe anyone took reparations then.

7. BenchRest

BenchRest G&G Addict

VA
    Pardon the sarcasm but I wonder how much it cost us to pay it back.

8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I would have taken it all in Mosel wine !!

9. CopperniX

lol i know at the end of ww2 the french in war reparations got all the manufacturing equipment from the Mauser company.

10. better watch out guys now they can start rearming for the first time since WWI ! Gew 98's will be flying off the production lines! next thing you know they'll be putting mottors in all them gliders they've been flying around and war heads in thier rockets! Oh wait,...........

11. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

After WWII France wanted to be reimbursed for the millions of Francs they had to spend to have all of their Army Officers pants dry cleaned when they saw the German Army come pouring over their border in 1940.....Just kidding....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  12. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Evangelist

Most of the debts from WW2 were forgiven. I think the only nation that actually paid the US back was Norway. All the lend lease equipment sent to England was written off but we did make them honor some of the 99-year leases on Atlantic air and naval bases that they promised. The Soviet Union never paid a dime and never intended to pay a dime.

13. To make Fench fries with?

14. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I believe the Finns paid back their war debt to us as well, after they changed sides.