Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
For my XDs Mod 2, I use two kinds of ammo...commercial Blazer Brass 124gr, then pick up my brass and reload using Hornady 124gr XTP. Have fun shooting your XDs. Oh yes, did yours come with a 9 round extended magazine? I prefer it over the short magazine but both work fine.
Reason for buying Blazer Brass, it shoots very consistently in all my 9mm pistols, 40 S&W pistols, and 45 ACP for my 1911, no misfeeds, no FTF, and for accuracy I am very happy with the results because I know I'm the weakest link when it comes to pistols. My son has a pistol range he set up with 8", 10" and 12"x20" gongs, I can hit them all at 25, 15, and 7 yards. He doesn't buy paper targets but rather spray paint. Works for me.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
What ammo is everyone using in these subs?
After I posted, it occurred you might be interested in Personal Defense ammo as well. If that is the case, there are plenty on the market, I would encourage you to find the same bullet weight and very close muzzle velocity. Example: using 9mm Target 124gr FMJ @ 1110 FPS and 9mm Defense ammo (Federal HST [JHP]) 124gr @ 1150 FPS is pretty close. Practice with the lower cost target ammo and save your much more expensive defense ammo for those days when the unexpected situations arise. Another data point to consider. Check with your local gun store (LGS) and see their offerings. Also know there are the experienced sales people that really try and help and there are sales people that just want to make a sale. Oh, and have fun.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
If you're interested in holsters check the link below:

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
What ammo is everyone using in these subs?
JandaJohn, I realize I kept listing the 124gr rounds, those are my favorite, you get to pick whatever you like. The 115gr do just fine in my XDs as well. Most important is to practice to stay proficient. And get a UpLULA universal mag loader (or equivalent) you will be glad you did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts