ya know sometimes, Good things just happen

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dennis, May 26, 2008.

1. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    A buddy of mine told me about an old WWII gun that he had gotten from a dead uncle. He asked if I knew anything about old guns and I told him that I knew Quite a bit about WWII Guns but I need to see what it was he was talking about, A few days later, He brought it over and gave it too me. It is a Beautiful Finnish M91. I now have two...
    The bore is exellent it has the small front sight and the earrrrly style Bayonet.
    it has a St alband vermont stamp so it is an recient import (since 1985)
    Most of the markings are ground off prior to the reblueing when the gun was arsenel refinished.
    the thing is a very nice piece with sling.
    I havent shot it yet, ill let everyone know how it shoots. This guy did not know I am a Mosin Nagant guy, Sometimes Fate just steps in.

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Dennis,
    Good to see you kicki'n Sir. Haven't seen you around in a coons age.
    Best,
    Jerry

4. Congrats! Also...I second Swede....Pictures please!

5. Wayyyyyyy cool find. And the price was right.

6. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Why doesn't anybody ever give ME old guns!:sad2:

7. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Give it time and sooner or later they will. Either give them to you or give you such a great price it is like giving it away.

8. jack007

jack007 G&G Addict

We all need more friends like that. Sounds like a nice peice. Congratulations

9. ghost_raven

ghost_raven G&G Evangelist

Don't feel bad. When my brother got his first gun, a GLOCK 9mm, my dad gave him an old .38 special that belonged to some police chief here in NM. What has he given me? Nothing.

10. SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck G&G Newbie

Oh to be so lucky, congrats anyway

11. Troy

Troy G&G Enthusiast

ya know, i was thinkin the same thing when i saw the post was from dennis. sounds like lady luck is smiling for dennis right now eh?

12. SwedeSteve

Sure seems that way!!

13. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

You have to be worthy !!:lmao:
    I guess I wont be getting any free ones either LOL

14. SwedeSteve

15. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

You need to get yourself right down to the Third Baptist Church and send a thank-you up to The Man... That's really great!!!

If that's what it takes, with my luck ATF is looking for me to take away guns I haven't even bought yet!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  16. SwedeSteve

When I first started reading about Mosins here, and on other sights, I had planned on collecting WWII Sniper Rifles. I went to a gun shop, and looky here! A M/N PU Sniper! My first one! When I started looking at the prices for th rest of them, that dream died, LOL !! I've got a few more Mosins now, but not any more WWII Snipers.

17. That's the sadest story I have ever heard.:bigeyes: I think Dennis should give you one of his... :09:

... yeah, that'll happen.:hitwithrock:

18. SwedeSteve

I don't see that happening, LOL !!

19. People give me rifles all the time. I just have to give them some lil pieces of green paper.