you can't get this at Safeway

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by cheapblaster, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Spent a pleasant part of the day picking these babies out in back:

These are Golden Delicious Apples allowed to ripen on the tree.

Attached Files:

2. TGF

TGF G&G Newbie

What do you use to keep the moths off them? I have a few apple trees but the apples are wormy as hell.

3. I use dormant oil spray and pheremone traps. Does not get all of them but I get about 50% worm free apples. Of the 50% with the worms, this is not for the squeemish but cut the yucky parts cut out and the rest put into apple sauce. I also compost any and all dead fall apples plus any not worth keeping. This year was a good apple year, harvested two 5 gallon buckets with more yet on the tree, at least twice that still ripening.

4. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

nothing like tree ripened apples (or any other fruit) after living in Da U P of Michigan and having apple trees on the property, I won't eat a store bought apple again.

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Love apples.
    They are my favorite fruit.
    And also the perfect fruit.

6. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Good pictures cheapblaster Thanks

I collect the apples and use them in apple sauce and fruit roll ups....
    The next door 85 year old neighbor lady stopped in the other day when i was sick and asked me to break into her home...she locked the keys inside. It was a 45 minute job, I climb to a window and had to weasel my way in...Two days later she gave my wife an apple pie for the breakin...LOL..It was good...............

7. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

I guess that will be the only time you get pie for doing something illegal! LOL I have about 12 apple trees at my friends farm that I am allowed to work and I got about 11 5 Gal buckets this year, I gave some to my Grandmother and she made apple everything...

8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Ah yes, the Forbidden Fruit !!