You have been called out!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Oct 15, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

The wife and I are planning a camping trip this weekend and will be using the public range. We are challenging all G&G members to shoot this weekend and then come back and post targets. We do this on other forums and really enjoy the friendly competition. We wil be shooting mostly C&R firearms but welcome all types of firearms. When you post your target list type rifle/pistol, distance, and if it has been modified (ie scoped).

I would like to see this become a regular event on G&G and hope I can get admin to help me develop this a little further with guidelines/classes and even awards for our profiles.

The first "Unofficially Not Sanctioned Nor Endorsed By Admin Phacopsrana Shootoff"
    Rules are simple:
    Must shoot a gun of some type; BB-.22-.50bmg
    Must be shot this month
    G&G members and immediate family only

2. and i take it we're using the honor system boy and girls, i.e. shooting a target at 50yds. and marking it as shot at 100yds.
    But i don't think there will be any of that nonsence around here.
    -Jesse

3. What distance?

Howdy,

I assume I can shoot from 3 feet away while you all can shoot at about 200 yds? BTW, does anyone know how to get powder burns off a target???

LOL!

:p

4. Pha,

That sounds like a great idea.

Wife and I were going to Ben Avery this weekend so, we'll be posting....fer sure.

5. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

If someone post lies, the only person he/she would be deceiving would be himself.
    Maybe the targets can be signed by a witness

Phacopsrana:
    Can I use last week target?
    Just kidding, this is an excuse to go and shoot again more targets.

6. SPOCAHP ANAR

see ya there

Honor system only and if ya lie then where is the fun. I do it for the fun and have no need to lie or bragg. I'm no marksman with those old milsurps but enjoy the posting/shooting. Use whatever targets you have, Paper plates, 8" competition style, refrigerator doors etc.... Anytime this month targets would be fine.

Oh don't use a no. 2 pencil and poke holes in the target as I will use a mic to measure the hole and will disqualify the target if I cannot determine the calibre size.

We all shoot in one fasion or another or we would not be on here, this is a way for us all to shoot together and have some fun. Oh I want to have Chris make a worst shot trophy so I can win it!

7. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

I am going to a tactical pistol training seminar this weekend. I should have some interresting things to post.

8. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

Sorry...Paul....Been a tad bit busy...I got your email.

I love this idea, and Jesse loves it as well. We are talking maybe a forum dedicated for it...but details will have to be worked out a bit more with the awards you mentioned earlier...

9. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

Ok this is serious now, so where we'll be posting?
    On this thread or in a new one?
    I'm going to the range on thursday, and may start soon this contest.
    Can you post many entries per month or only one?

10. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    uh, I guess it's time to get the darn digital camera. when I do I'll play, 'till then can only be a spectator. sounds like fun though

11. SPOCAHP ANAR

I am thinking of starting a new post when I get back Sunday or monday and post the Targets under it in the Gun Room Forum.

If someone else gets here first then go ahead and post it under the title of "PhacopsRana Shootoff" - Targets We'll work it out somehow. This is going to be fun. I am glad to see Admin is into this Idea and I see it being fun for everyone involved. Post as many targets as you want

12. SPOCAHP ANAR

Cheap Scanners

Sam's Club had a cheap scanner a while back for 40$ or you could try to find someone locally who could scan or copy it for you.

13. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

can't you take the picture with a regular camera and go to wally world and let them put it on a disc for you . any way this idea sounds great tome count me in.

14. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I think it's a great proposal Pha...However, I'm not in a condition to shoot any guns right now. Will enjoy the posts no less though!:target:

15. As far as the honesty thing....from what I've seen of the guys in here I think everyone has above-board integrity. As it was pointed out there's no need to post something not legit.

I, for one, having the eye sight I have, am just dang lucky I can still see the target so, if I have to post a poor shooting....so be it.

Although, I must say, with open sights I am limited to 50 or 75 yards.

I don't suggest anyone go and invest in any special equipment but there are memory stick digital cameras out there to be had for under $50 now.

16. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Great idea, Phacopsrana. Gonna hit the range this Friday morning after work.:)