close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

You might be a gun nut if.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Found this on Gun GAMES web site....this is not soemthing I came up with..wish I did...but I found it very funny...hope you all enjoy.

You Know You're a Gun-Nut If:

You've ever bragged about the size of the groups your semi-auto throws with its empty brass.

Your primary cubicle decoration at work or on your fridge at home is your best target group.

Your guns are cleaner than your home.

You tag pages in SGN/GL for later reference.

You'd rather have a $10,000 PSG-1 and drive a $600 car rather than drive a $10,000 car and have a $600 gun.

You rather ban alcohol than hi-cap clips/mags.

If a topless joint with free admission is half a mile away, and instead you drive 40 miles to the shooting range on a Saturday night.

You alternate silvertips and hydra-shocks in your magazines because they look prettier that way.

You watch La Femme Nikita just to see the HK MP5s.

You can't figure out why your non-shooting friends laugh when you say "Bushmaster".

You collect brass even though you only buy factory ammo.

If "Miller Time" means plinking at beer cans.

If the highlight of your week is discovering that six .40 SW hollowpoints fit perfectly in a plastic 35mm film canister. (5 up/1 down in the middle).

You ever had to explain "It's not the SAME gun, it's a different VARIANT".

You read the sports section/classifieds just for the gun ads.

When someone talks about 12 gauge steel, you wonder if it has anything in common with shotguns.

You can spot spent brass at 50 paces.

You pick up brass in calibers you don't shoot, just in case.

You have a drawer full of holsters that weren't quite right (don't we all?).

You watch old WWII movies and can identify and look at all the rifles and handguns but can't remember who starred in the movie or what it was about.

You buy a gun that is a duplicate of one you already have because the original one might break someday.

If 30.06 or 8X57 to you is just as appealing as 36-24-36.

You drive over fifty miles to buy anything gun-related.

You own more than two loading presses.

Your non-handloading friends bring you their empty brass instead of throwing it away.

You start feeling uneasy if you have fewer than 500 rounds on hand for your favorite shooter.

You reflexively count the number of shots fired by every weapon in the film,then gripe to your friends when the guns exceed the capacities.

You make $50 per hour at work, but spend 30 minutes on your knees at the range looking for that last piece of reloadable brass. :)

You read 300-400 messages on rec.guns every day, in addition to being subscribed to the Glock, SIG, HK, Kahr, Tactics, IPSC, and IDPA mailing lists, and you still wish there was more to do in the Internet firearms community.

Your telephone number is: 223-2250 or 308-3006 or 303-3040 or some other combination of three + four digit calibers.

You think there is some special significance when you glance at a digital clock and it shows 3:08, 3:57, 2:23, etc., no matter how many times you see it.

You go to the range just to hang out.

You consider concealed carry every time you shop for clothes.

You order a new model HK handgun BEFORE your H&K stocking dealer has even heard about it, and BEFORE there is even a set wholesale price on the gun. :)

If your wife/girlfriend starts using Hoppes No. 9 instead of perfume to get your attention.

If all your computer passwords are firearms related.

You read "rec.guns" before your morning coffee.

You tape American Shooter so you can pause, reverse and fast forward to do a complete analysis of the show.

You visit the range more then twice a week.

Your wife says to buy a gun she would like you to sell one first (not funny but common).

You teenage daughter's next date is introduced to you while your sitting at the loading bench cleaning your M-1.

You approach total strangers and ask if they're going to keep their brass.

You've ever photographed your entire gun collection, but "insurance purposes" never entered your mind.

You let your wife go out and blow all kinds of money on junk she'll never use just so she won't gripe when you buy that latest piece you really need for your collection.

You're in the army reserves, and they can't figure out why every time they send you out to shoot the M60 with 100 rounds, you return with a shot-out barrel. It never dawns on them you're bringing your own ammo.
    :D

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

There's more truth in these thoughts than most of us are willing to admit, and very funny. LOL

Oxford

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

**** Bob most of these are me I consider it a drought if I have less than 1000 rounds per caliber ( I have 21 toys), I consider CCW with all clothing every time I buy a suit the gun goes with me to make sure enough room is left in the jackets, always collecting br**** having my friends bring it to me as well, when I was married that was my excuse you bought clothes I bought a new gun. 3 reloading presses on the bench - I am always working on a project gun related tonight I am making my own wood vise block for the AR. I wish on the PSG-1 but if that was the trade I could easily make it. Does a live 50 BMG round and a Spent bullet count instead of the target as a cubicle decoration - they wouldn't let me have the Sierra poster. Oh I do have the holster collection and still looking at more and deciding what else I might carry.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Hey, great! I resemble most of those points. I only have two presses, and have no HK's, but most are dead-on.

5. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Pretty Good! They have one backwards though, My Wife lets me buy anything I want, where she can go buy her something.
    How about this one, Yesterday I had to take my Equiptment trailer over to a friends for a load of blocks, I had to sweep the 1000's of .22lr brass off first......I usually sit on the tongue and prop on the side rail, all the brass goes into the trailer.

6. johno

johno G&G Newbie

pretty funny

lol. i only met 21 of those. i'll have to start working harder at it. need to get a reloading press. that last one about the resrves is pretty good. I never thought of that. my reserve unit is going to the range in a few weeks.... no m60, but they will give me and m16 and m249 hehe

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

When a shooting movie comes on everyone leaves cause I'm sitting there inspecting all the guns and telling everyone what type of gun it is, and going ballistic when they pull off 25 rounds out of a pistola, I can't help it! If there is a cure, they should throw it away!

I meet only about 8-10, I need more work.