You might be in Education if ...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

For Oxford.

You might be in Education if ...

1. You believe the staff room should be equipped with a Valium salt lick.

2. You find humor in other people's stupidity.

3. You believe "shallow gene pool" should have it's own box on the report card.

4. When out in public, you feel the urge to snap your fingers at a child you do not know and correct their behavior.

5. When you mention "vegetables" you're not talking about a food group.

6. You think people should be required to get a government permit to reproduce.

7. You laugh uncontrollably when people refer to the staff room as the "lounge".

8. You believe in aerial spraying of Prozac.

9. You can't have children because there's no name you could give a child that wouldn't bring on high blood pressure the moment you heard it uttered.

10. You think caffeine should be available to staff in IV form.

11. You want to choke a person who says, "Oh, you must have such fun every day. This must be like playtime for you."

12. Meeting a child's parents instantly answers the question, "Why is this kid like this?"

2. Re: #6 & #10 - Absolutely, totally correct!

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

#'s 2, 5, 6, and 12 - defintely!

(Your friendly Bigdog spends his days chained to a desk in the dungeons of the Florida Department of Education. I see this stuff everyday.) :rolleyes:

:uzi: :ballons:

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Questions...nothing but questions??????

Doglips: Where did you find my list of "12 things to do today" list? I've been behaving since you found them. Hope I'm not really that bad.(ha) Very funny list, though.

Big Dog:

Glad to know that you admit to being in eduation, too. Occasionally I need a second in my duels on this forum. (ha) In what capacity do you work?

Oxford:D ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2002
  5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Oxford -

I'm a Computer Programmer Analyst in the Education Data Center here in Tallahassee. My team supports the Payroll, Personel and Budget Management systems for the DOE. I'm mostly a Mainframer, programming in Cobol and Easytrieve Plus - though we are starting to get into network and PC-based stuff as well.
    We see alot of the Education initiatives in their early stages, before being inflicted on the public. Our Governor Jeb has had a lot of "Bright Ideas", a few of which actually seem workable! :p

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Get out of that dungeon for some fresh air.

Big Dog:

You know we(speaking for myself) couldn't do without you and your cohorts supporting our efforts to make computers work more efficiently, and helping us to do the nearly impossible procedures & tasks we dream up for some of the strangest "causes" of "education".(ha)

Take a break on me. Go outside for lots of sunlight and fresh air before heading back to the dungeons. There's more of the same waiting for you.(ha) Changes in education seem to be never ending until they recycle again in later years, only costing many times over the next time around.

Oxford :D :nod: