close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

you'l be seeing alot less of me.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by dodge, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. last night and this morning I wrote long letters about my part time job as a NWCO, took me about an hour and half each time, when i hit the post butten, it said i have to re-connect, then it said i wasent logd in, long story this friggn site wouldnt let me post my letter, did old G&G do this??? NO IT DIDNT!! why?? because you didnt have to register(which was better!) so twice i blew and hour an half siting here, and YES this site is dieing, hardly anyone knew ever post's question about mosins, inlike thay use on old g&G, it always the same people on here, this is nothing more then a chat fourm, not a question and answer fourm. Il' be over on flying lead.com for the most part. papa G dewman,bigdog, chip etc, are there.:fuss: :eek:ff:

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

If you are writing "long letters" to post, it would be a good idea to write it in notepad or some other word processor first. Then, when it is ready, you can cut and paste to any forum you want quickly and easily.

3. Dodge,

are you sure it was this site?

In the past I, too have written something and got basically the heave ho too. Come to find out it's the ISP or browser's fault and not the site.

It's sort of trying to access a site you KNOW is a good site and you get an error message.

Just my 2 bits (2 cents with modeern inflation).

4. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Hate to see you go dodge -- I know many times I have started writing something and walked away and come back 30 minutes later and finished it without an error -- it should be working fine for you

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

This happened to me this morning, but I just consider it "one of those things", it happens. The system sort of forgets that I was logged on, and won't let me post. I just go back and copy what I wrote, re-login, then paste back on. Voila. After working in the computer industry for twelve years, I know that no system is perfect. Glitches happen. This is still one of the better forums, though I prowl quite a few. Ya just gotta roll with the punches.

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Dodge: Don't give up on us. You've had some great posts. We need you here.

Most days, at 6:45 a.m. +/-, when you were writing, I'd definitely screw up on all the computer keys because I'd still be asleep. I've done some stupid things when sleep walking.

Oxford

7. Tober

Tober Firearm Aficionado Forum Contributor

I am not computer expert, but the big thing is that if it takes a long time to write it, the system times you out for security reasons.....correct me if I am wrong admins...

8. I think I frogot..

I think I frogot how nice the PEOPLE on this site are, thanks for reminding me, I've had the day to cool off , although I still say less people are posting about mosin's here then on old g&g i remember wakeing up every morning and answering a question, or giveing a thought on some about mosins, I just dont think this site is as "user freindly" as old G&G was(but what can I do). yes dale it was this site, I was posting about "catching wildlife" in that post in the gunroom. im staying because of the people here, although you will probably still less of me because it's spring(and soon summer) and I work out doors. I'l be see'n ya.

9. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

glad your staying man,:nod: besides its tough to find good replacements. have had problems to on any sight couple page rant, hit the button and nothing lose it, or in the middle of a reply. and aol decides to disconnect. i get a lot of "the distant host has reset your connection" messages.:confused: before the net came along i tried watching reruns of the Twilight Zone, but the releif was only temporary:rolleyes: :D

10. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Sorry about the log-in problems dodge. If it is any consolation to you the same thing happened to me last night. My wife was visiting some websites with some serious graphics. When I went to GunandGame.com after she was through, I entered a huge post in the feedback forum and subsequently lost the post because the other sites erased my cookies for memory space and I lost my log-in. I can relate ... it really stinks. Just for everyone to know... when you enter the main forum... look to the top right of the screen. If you are logged -in, the board will greet you with a "welcome" and have your log-in name listed and "View New Posts " underneath, (this feature displays every new post since you last visited). If you see nothing, the log-in window appears at the bottom right of the page. Again, sorry and I hope this helps.

Jesse

11. no prob

I think the problem might be that my computer "goes out" after half an hour, the two little green computer's in the right side of the task bar go out(un-connecting) then when I was done writeing(and hour and a half latter) and I hit the post message butten, it made me re-connect, then it said I wasent loged in, after I loged a page came up that said "please chose a fourm" there was no way no post my message, even hiting the back butten didnt work, ohh well. it just ****'d me off to have it happen twice, I dont think it's your fault jesse, I think my **** computer(2000 ibm).

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It seems to be your ISP, not your computer that disconnects you.

13. Hey Jason are you still out there we miss your comments. Mr. Yoda avitar.

14. E-9

E-9 G&G Newbie

I am with dodge....... I have the same thing happen to me all the time. I like this group of forums , but they are too eratic in operation and I don't need this. timeouts, lost posts, can't get in..
    I don't experience this with the other sited...... thanks .... its
    been bad for me.

15. What if you boys had this thing I'm working with. When it get too hot it simply shuts down. One day I was writing a long email, that was very complex and time consuming, and just when I reached for the send button it shut down. About an hour shot to hell.:assult: :nod:

16. JohnD

JohnD Member

This forum has too many forums.

17. ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT

18. JohnD

JohnD Member

WE ARE NOT TALKING ON A RADIO HERE!!!!!

THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM SUCK!!!

I QUIT!!

PLEASE REMOVE MY NAME AND EVERYTHING ON HERE. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS ANYMORE.

IF YOU STILL WANT TO TALK TO ME I AM AT:
    john_0270@hotmail.com

I ain't jokin either.

<BEGIN ADMIN EDIT>

<END ADMIN EDIT>

19. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

JohnD,
    I am not sure what exactly we have done to make you leave, but appearently it can not be fixed. I am sorry for that.

But I will not allow that acronymn that you used to be left in your post.

20. Tober

Tober Firearm Aficionado Forum Contributor

I am here, just around.

Thanks for the concern!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.