close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

You've got to have a sense of humor in this world.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I'm about as old as anyone on this forum and I've concluded after living 64 years that having a sense of humor goes a long way in keeping daily life events in perspective. Don't get too serious or you'll risk high blood pressure and a stroke.

Personally, I can't imagine anyone not picking up on Chris's birthday joke early one. I'd bet everyone who looked at the thread clicked onto their own profile to see if their birthday date had gotten changed to todays date someway. Then if they read the threads it became apparent early on that a practical joke was being played on us.

Hey, that's the kind of person I like to be around. Definitely not too serious. Just be ready for the next practical joke because it may be from me.

I'm still waiting for the new guns and ammunition that I requested. Just call me first at 816-555-5555

:nod:

2. Well that's easy for you to say. I didn't have a chance to view the previous threads, I was on since early this morning. My day off from work. Yes the yard work didn't get done. Oxford you are my mentor, wish you had spoke up sooner and then I wouldn't look like the town idiot.

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    after looking at a good slamming of G&G, I seriously thought some smart guy was jacking around with the site.

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

"Hang Loose"

alan c:

I tried to re-post regarding your previous comment but guess it got lost. I'll attempt to re-do.

Yes, I was had, too. I bought it and was fuming around my computer wondering how my BD got changed so I clicked on my profile to verify it's accuracy. Sure enough it was listed correctly.

I'd bet that a high percentage of posters on this forum did about the same thing. Of course, after reading just a few threads it was clear that I'd bought into this practical joke.

Personally, I like that kind of humor. I've seldom been accused of being too serious and from my viewpoint I couldn't afford the consequencues. When you're dealing with as many people (students) as I did for 38 years you'd better work at "hanging loose" or you'd face burnout quickly.

Have a great new week and as I tell my friends, "hang loose".

Oxford:nod:;)

5. Oxford, thank you again for your wisdom. God Bless!

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

You know, Wierd Al Yankovic played a similar prank on people who bought his CDs. On one of the disks, he recorded about 10 MINUTES OF SILENCE, FOLLOWED BY 5 SECONDS OF LOUD SCREAMING AND CRASHING NOISES. I was taking a bath when I ran into this. I had the CD playing in the stereo system in the living room. I heard the last song end. Then, as I was drying my hair, I heard an awful racket in the living room. I ran to the living room, and there was nothing to see. The CD player had shut off right after the noise. It was about a week until I figured out what happened. I was playing the CD again and noticed it was still playing after the last song, with no sound.