Yugo grenade launcher conversion

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Jul 20, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Hey do any of you think it would be feasable, as well as a good idea to convert the grenade launcher tubing into a muzzle break by having a gunsmith drill ports in it?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I wondered that myself. Am thinking of getting one of them Yugos and thought of the very same thing. I don't see why it wouldn't work...BUT...would it be legal?

3. SPOCAHP ANAR

good question Joe Legality would be key... They are nice. I got mine for 160 plus tax. bought 2 and they were soaked in cosmoline. Still not clean rifles in good condition overall.

4. NRAJOE

Of course legality only counts when ya get caught. I was looking at them in either the SOG or AIM catalog for $179.00 in supposedly excellent condition.

5. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Muzzle BRAKES are perfectly legal. In fact some Yugo SKSs were made with ports in the grenade launcher. I have one like that.

6. NRAJOE

Cool, problem solved..thanx Klaus.

7. SPOCAHP ANAR

Klaus do you think you could attach a picture of that on here so we could see how it was done as well as some tech info on it; size, number, orientation....

NRAJoe; These were the 139$ ones from SOG and I was impressed with their condition. Aside from the normal scratches and dings in the stock these looked pretty good. I am going to strip them down and refinnish them. This guy was reasonable on his prices and still has makarovs for 159$.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2002
  8. NRAJOE

SOG is the only ones I have dealt with so far and I was impressed with their timely shipping and attention to satisfaction after the sale.