Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering what the new looking stamps on the receiver and barrel are. Also curious about the “k” stamped in front of the serial number and the scratched out number on the magazine base plate.
Bicycle part Gas Auto part Machine Cylinder
Wood Line Wood stain Hardwood Cylinder
Automotive tire Bicycle frame Bumper Carbon Rim
Hand Gesture Wood Mobile phone Bumper

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
The K is known as a prefix; these rifles were numbered for example A00001 to A99999 next would be B00001, etc; The dot matrix printing is I Arms, Stuart FL, horrible stamping big as a billboard and poorly done...not sure if the size is required by regulation. Too bad they are doing all of this unneeded stamping on historical firearms...

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Yeah that dont look too nice how they used like a punch to make the markings. Most stencil or machined by importer. They did a primitive job and also re serial numbered parts.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The scratched out number on the floor plate is factory done. Rather than fool with keeping matching number when rebuilding these rifles, they just used whatever part came out of the vats. They then re-numbered it to fit the gun. I think they called this “forced matching.” This could be done with non-critical parts, such as buttplates, sling swivels, floor plates, etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The scratched out number on the floor plate is factory done. Rather than fool with keeping matching number when rebuilding these rifles, they just used whatever part came out of the vats. They then re-numbered it to fit the gun. I think they called this “forced matching.” This could be done with non-critical parts, such as buttplates, sling swivels, floor plates, etc
So this happens when it was first build or when it was refurbished?

·
Registered
21,264 Posts
So this happens when it was first build or when it was refurbished?
The floor plate is what's called a "force match" It was done by an arsenal because one part was lost or damaged, and it was replaced with another part. The number of the receiver is stamped into that part for the soldiers and armorers to know that that piece goes with that gone.

The other markings were because of import regulations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts