Yugo M57 Tokarev Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Military' started by Iron_Colonel, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Here's a link to the vid on my YT account. Check the description of the vid for details of the pistol!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWxQB9Q9ObQ]YouTube - Yugo M57 Slideshow[/ame]

2. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Still no pictures.

3. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Oh yea I_C beauuteefull :bigok::yup: would love ta have one or more! and nice vid!
    frenchy

4. Iron_Colonel

Then you must not have watched the "vid" as there are plenty of pics in the slideshow :D

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I'd love to have one, but what's holding me back is the lack of availability of additional magazines for it. Isn't anyone importing the Yugo mags? I know from talking to my local gunshop owner that the other Tokarev magazines are not compatible with the Yugo M57 pistol. The only alternative is to try and rework CZ-52 magazines to fit, but that's iffy and requires hand-tuning; and even then the magazine would only work in YOUR pistol, not another M57.

6. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Very, very nice, IC!!! I think I might have to snatch one of these up!

I don't have any issue at all with only having 2 magazines. This is a fun little plinker, not something I am taking into 'harm's way'.

Zastavia is probably one of the best of the 'iron curtain arsenals'. I don't see how you could go wrong.

7. Congrats IC. Very good looking piece.

8. Iron_Colonel

Thanks guys! I popped off a mag, just to test function I guess after I got it de-cosmo'd. Had one FTE surprisingly enough, but no loading issues. I think it just needs to get worked in is all. Soonly, I will obtain a tin of ammo. Hopefully shooting will commence shortly thereafter!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey Cy i think i can help, buy 2 keep all the mags and sell me a magless pistol at oh say half price? Then i'll spend winter fabing up a homemade mag! Problem solved!! :D
    frenchy

10. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    someone on this forum posted earlier that you can use modified CZ52 mags, just cut a different mag catch slot on them. IC, how does the 1911 "style" safety work and feel? Stiff? Easy to work?

11. Iron_Colonel

It's not too bad. It is certainly interesting, but functional. Put some rounds through it today. It grouped pretty well at about 10 yds. It's got a very thin profile.

12. gwhiz1957

gwhiz1957 G&G Newbie

Where???

Where did you purchase your pistol?