Yugo M57 Tokarev

Discussion in 'General Military' started by Iron_Colonel, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

The Yugo knockoff of the Tokarev is back at J&G Sales. If there are any left, they are about $200 2 mags, holster, and cleaning rod as advertised. I just ordered mine, and should have it Saturday or Monday. Looking forward. I had been thinking about the Romanian TTC but J&G just sent me an email about the Yugos being in stock, so I figured I'd pull the trigger. I'll have to get some ammo for it, but I think it will be fun! Pics when everything arrives!

2. Tulamosin

Tulamosin G&G Enthusiast

Very cool, let us all know how you like it.

3. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Great I_C! there have been so many great handgun deals [ Nagant revolvers etc.] i sure hope to get a gun fund growing again.LOL Congrats on the M57!
    frenchy

4. Congrats. I didn't even know there was a Yugo variant. Learn something new everyday.

5. Iron_Colonel

Well my hopes were crushed today when it didn't arrive via UPS. So I guess I'll be waiting until Monday. I am looking forward though.

6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

IC, check the mags when you get it. Seems they are in short supply and I've read on some other forums that SOG was shipping one correct mag and one incorrect mag. Very pricey mag to buy if you can find spares.

7. Iron_Colonel

Yea, hopefully they will be good to go. I have also heard that the mags in the Romanian ones won't fit the Yugos. I have also heard the Yugo ones are 9 rounds, and not 8 like others. I'm looking forward though. Next Wed. is payday, so I'll have to buy some ammo for this baby and heat it up!

8. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I heard both of those things too. No big deal. I don't have more than two mags for any of my surplus handguns!

I'll be anxious to hear your opinion. I've had the Yugo M57 Tokarev on my mind for a while. It would make a nice companion for my Yugo M59/66A1.

Pyramyd Air has a CO2 powered BB pistol made from scrapped Tokarevs.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_MP-656K_CO2_Pistol/2091

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  9. Iron_Colonel

Well it didn't show up today. I figured it would be here by now, so I guess tomorrow I have something to look forward to all day. Hopefully it arrives this time!

10. I don't know how, or why for the matter considering the cost, but I think that I read somewhere online that these can be converted back.
    IZH-Baikal IZH MP-655K CO2 Pistol. Air guns - PyramydAir.com

11. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

No pictures, didn't arrive.

12. Iron_Colonel

Lol, you'll be eating those words shortly :D

13. Dylandance

Dylandance G&G Regular

I've been looking at these pistols as well, im planning on ordering one after the holidays once i get all my christmas money :).

I was also wondering about getting some spare magazines, and i found this article describing how to convert the readily available cz52 magazine to fit in your m57

Yugo M57 tokarev alternate magazine option

I found cz 52 magazines for $22 on keepshooting.com, i havent ordered them yet. The modifications look simple enough on these magazines. We'd still like to see those photos of your new gun!