Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Excellent_Yugo_Model_24_47_8mm_Mauser_Package.html

Item#Maus24/47
We just received a small shipment of Excellent condition, Yugoslavian Model 24/47 8mm Mauser Rifle Packages. These Mausers have a Matching Serial Number Bolt to Receiver, and have been headspaced, cleaned, and oiled by the importer. All accessories pictured are included.
Condition: Excellent, Minor storage wear if any.

Anybody got one of these? Whats the difference between these and M48's?

The 24/47's are going for $139 Ex.cond with the accessories pictured... :cool:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,354 Posts
The Model 24 is the FN Model 24, exported to many countries before WWII. Upgraded in '47 and '52, when they become the M24/47 and M24/52 respectively. Some were bought from FN, others made at Kragujevac.

Later they made the M48 also at Kragujevac. The M48 was somewhat more like the German Kar98k in style, though both these rifles are "intermediate actions", while the Kar98k was longer.
They differ in stocks, mostly the buttplate and upper handguards. Both can use the standard German bayonet.

I personally would consider the M24/47 the better buy for historical reasons - it was used (as the M24) in the war. The M48 was strictly postwar, and most coming here are built from unused parts in new productiion stocks for the US market.

Despite Mitchell's Mauser's misleading ad, the M48 is NOT a "K98" rifle. Good platform for modding though, as it's in unissued condition usually.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You Da man Dawg...I prefer the flat buttplate over the weird ones on the M48's...I'm going to Cabela's tomorrow so I'm gonna hold off on ordering a 24/47 until Sat or Mon...never know what you'll find at Cabela's... :cool:

Thanks bro...................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts