Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've posted,hope everyones in good health and doing well.
I'm just wondering if anyone has found a magazine that fits the Yugoslavian SKS without any jams\round feed problems.. I've gone through about 3 magazines and refuse to spend anymore money unless someone can offer a solution :)

I'm going to keep it stock with the 10-round mag, it's fine, and I'm planning on ordering 1,120 rounds of 7.62x39 from http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_62x39.html
It's all striper clipped loaded and ready to go, going to order the 40 rounds to test it, and then the 1,120 rounds of the Yugoslavian ammo, I was just curious if anyone knows of a 20,30 rounds magazine that woeks nice and where to get

Thanks

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Here's a sad fact. I hate to keep saying this but here goes. In order to put detachable magazines in a Yugo SKS you need to bring the foreign parts count down to 10, per the sticky in the SKS forum.

For all the trouble, cost, and in many cases comfort and reliability disadvantages, it's almost always not worth it to take a C&R Yugo SKS out of stock configuration. I think you have the right idea to keep it as is.

·
Registered
417 Posts
can you get american made fixed mags like the one that comes stock on the sks

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
You can get an American made fixed mag. I actually have one handy. But they are not like the original mag. They are like the detachable mags but with a different tab to lock with the entire trigger group and not just the mag latch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
:ballons: I tried several and they all have a very thin 'guide' in front of the bullet at an angle which makes them point down (as I remember for I don't have it any longer) and jammed it down instead of up and in. I flattened it with a rock and threw it away. They say the feed lips have to be monkeyed with also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts