Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Yugo M59/66 SKS today and I noticed when I got home that the caliber marking clearly reads 7.62x59. Can this be a misprint? Now I am afraid of shooting any 7.62x39 out of it. I can assure everyone it is clearly a 5. Please help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have never heard of a 7.62x59 if i were you i would bring it to a local gun shop and ask them..... but i am 99.9% sure that it is just a misprint... does the bullet fit in the fix mag?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That is a new one on me. I have a lot of Yugo's and several other SKSs, and I have not seen that. It is a missprint, no doubt. Wonder if it is worth and extra money like that??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if it would make it worth more. Is the caliber stamp put on when it is imported or during manufacture?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Its done on import. Century Arms and others stamp or stencil the caliber on the gun and sometimes go berserk with the stencil pen.

·
Registered
244 Posts
From what I have been reading on the history of the SKS, it has never been chambered in 7.62x59, you have a missprint. The caliber is and always has been 7.62x39 for sks's.I'll wager you have a Century import, they're not exactly klnown for their high quality electro pencilling skills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts