close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yugo SKS puzzle

Discussion in 'SKS' started by SGRAVESOK, Sep 4, 2014.

1. SGRAVESOK

SGRAVESOK G&G Regular

Just bought a Yugo SKS. Looks just like the Mod 59/66 I bought a few years back. The interesting thing about this rifle is that I can't find any importer's stamps on it anywhere. Anybody ever seen one not stamped? Think it could be a Viet Nam bring-back? Not sure if the VC bought Yugos or not.
    Anybody got any ideas.

2. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

Pics, please if possible, so we can look at it and confirm.

3. SGRAVESOK

SGRAVESOK G&G Regular

You assume that I have the know-how to post a pic. I know how to take them, just don't know how to get them from my camera or phone to the forum.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

1> Phone to PC - E-mail it to yourself. Save to pic in a personal images file.
    2> PC to forum - use an application like TinyPics_dot_com to upload the pic from your PC, then copy the URL and paste it into your thread post.

If you have the proper USB cable to connect the digital camera to the PC, downloading is pretty easy - the PC sees the camera as just another device. Copy it from the camera to the image file on the PC.

SKS NOOB likes this.
  5. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

The only Vietnam bring-back SKS I ever saw in person was Russian with a really weird diopter sight replacing the rear sight - it had been used as a sniper rifle and it still had all the paperwork. At their military museums in Viet Nam I saw a lot of Chinese and Russian SKSs, and one Romanian but no Yugos.

What's the condition like?