YUGO SKS

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by collector1948, May 26, 2008.

1. I have a chance to pick up a "unissued, unfired" YUGO SKS for $285. It says its in new condition, with sling, oiler pouch and oiler. Is there any such thing as unissued and unfired YUGO's. The pictures I saw of it looked like it was new rifle. Is this a good price, or am I being taken for a ride.........

2. There is such as an unissiued Yugo and about the only firing they've done is test fires at the factory, Zastava. I bought mine in this condition 4 years ago at $172. These days they have went up a good bit. That price may be a little high though. I was thinkin you could still get one for about 250 to 275. I'll look around a bit and see what I find. If it's a private seller or even a dealer you may try to talk them down a bit either way.

3. res45

res45 G&G Addict

My brother has one NIB 1983 I think is the MFG date,never had cosmoline on it at all, $189 he paid for it 2 year ago. I have an unissued 1970 $150 three years ago. You can still get one for a little less than your price but by the time you pay shipping and transfer fees,your way past that $285.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. How do you figure out the production date on a Yugo SKS. I didn't know that there was a way to do so. Are you talkin about a Yugo M59/66 or just the old M59 that doesn't have the grenade laucher and low light sights?

5. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

Yooper John

UBERFAQ - SKS TYPES

UBERFAQ - SKS IDENTIFICATION
    Maybe we need to make these sites a sticky !
    The yrs of manufacture on some SKS's will never be know due to the fact that there were no records or they have long since been destroyed and the fact some rifles were never marked !
    BTW most of the dealers have yugos for around 200 bucks for excellent condition with accesorys if you have a CR

6. res45

res45 G&G Addict

YUGO's are easy just go by the Letter in front of the serial # and match it up to the chart on Yooper John's page,There was only one factory in the former Yugoslavia that made the M59 & the M59/66.

However the Chinese had at least 13 different factories,probably more and changed there marking system along the ways. You can get fairly close by using the Serial #,how the rifle was built either all milled parts or later production stamped steel and pinned barrels and also the different type of bayo that was used on the Chinese.

7. OK, Thanks, I'm probably going for the deal, since it is in 100% condition, plus I have a 5 day return on it. I have seen that the price on YUGOs has been creeping up. I'll post a picture when I recieve it. Also, I am getting free shipping as part of the deal, and my FFL agent is an old friend, who will be doing the transfer without a fee........

8. YUGO

Picked up my Yugo last night, and its a beauty. My transfer agent could not believe the condition it was in and wanted to know if I would sell it to him. It is a perfect new rifle, with all matching numbers, with the original sling, oiler in pouch, and the original cleaning kit in the stock. The serial number indicates it was manufactured in 1980. I'm probably not going to shoot this one, and just keep it as is, as I have my other YUGO that I use for fun. I tried to post a picture, but something went wrong. I will try again if anyone is interested

9. Wildman

Wildman G&G Newbie

Boy I'd like to see the picture, for sure. I'll try and get some pics of my Yugo up and the story behind it. For a teaser I'll tell you I paid $79.95 for it at a Dunham's about 3 months ago. If I had to give it a % I'd guess near 90%. All I know for sure is it is sweet and will not be bubba'd.

10. [​IMG]
    OK, here is my new YUGO, like I said, it is factory new in every respect. It even has the factory red cap over the grenade launcher. Best of all, it appears it was never soaked in cosmoline...super clean inside and out

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  11. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

12. A beautiful rifle for sure. Stock up on ammo for sure.
    Mike

13. YUGO

500 + rounds and growing, love shooting my other SKS, most fun and bang for the buck, and no matter what others say, it is an accurate rifle for what it was intended....

14. KGunner

KGunner G&G Evangelist

I find the SKS to be a very accurate rifle. At about 200 yards with steel sights we were hitting orange clays or coming VERY close to them. Bottom line, at 200 yards, you can hit your target easily.

15. Beautiful gun! Did it come from one of the big internet dealers, or was it from a private seller?

16. YUGO

I got it from a dealer auction. No one was bidding until the end, and it did not have a reserve. My FFL agent friend said it was a good deal, since if he could get one this nice (which he could not, as he has been looking for me) his price would have been around $250. The picture does not do it justice, as it is pristine. I'm not going to shoot it, although I would love to, as I have another YUGO that I shoot for fun....

17. ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIAN SKS RIFLES

M59/66A1 Cal. 7.62 x 39 mm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not for sale in California
    After the improvement of M59 to the M59/66, M59/66A1 was further improved at the Zastava factory in 1966 by installing a flip on front sight with night sighting aids fitted to the front and rear sights. M59/66A1 also has a rubber recoil pad fitted to the butt. All milled parts come with folding blade bayonet.
    Barrel: 19.7" Overall: 43.9 MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Very Good Condition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $189.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    Order 2 pieces or more $5.00 off each rifle!
    Does not come with Accessory Kit.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Condition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $249.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    Comes with Accessory Kit.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Special Select Condition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $209.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Condition with
    Consecutive Serial #'s[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $269.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    Comes with Accessory Kit.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excellent Condition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $229.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    Accessory Kit comes
    with only New Condition
    and consecutive # SKS's
    SKS Crate with M59/66A1 Consecutive Serial Numbers Flip on Night Sight

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SKS Accessory Kit - USED[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $12.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SKS Accessory Kit - NEW[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $19.95 Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

M59/61A1 Log Book Add $10.00 for each Rifle.
    [​IMG]

Phone or Email for Available Grades!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Log Book[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10.00 ea. Quantity:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Click here to check out our TOP QUALITY BRASS CASE 7.62x39 AMMUNITION.