Yup, the leftists are here all right

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by TXplt, Sep 22, 2020.

1. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I guess we didn't learn the lesson in CA so those migrating here bring their wacko ideas along:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifesty...ral-high-speed-rail-federal-regulatory-hurdle

(Neither Houston nor Dallas are short of a plethora of airports with plenty of concrete and service between the two from multiple carriers. The train buys you perhaps a 2 hour win over the easy drive IF it actually operates on schedule as advertised and the stop is minimal--not counting time to and from station and transpo of same. All of which was in pre-WuFlu days which would affect train travel as much as air travel now).

I don't recall anyone asking ME if I'd actually WANT this (no).

Ten Man and ChaZam like this.
  2. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Since I see no reason for going to either place, it's a no brainer for me, NO!:p

First thing that comes to mind is, why put up with TSA just to save an hour or 2? If check in time is gonna be like with the airlines with check in 2 hours before departure, a guy could be well on his way before that thing even left the station!:rolleyes:

Huey Rider, TXplt and ChaZam like this.

3. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yeppers, that's what we need. (NOT) Another transportation system losing money and competing with other unprofitable transportation systems while being subsidized by taxpayers and always demanding more...

Ten Man, Huey Rider and TXplt like this.
  4. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Agreed!! If it's such a good deal, private investors can build & maintain it!!

Ten Man, blaster, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.